Wombat 100 - 13 April 2014 - Official Event Info Page

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
wow, its wet, they cancelled the MONT, will they cancel the WOMBAT?
Yep, it's been showering pretty much all day in New Gisborne where I work, and the forecast is craaaap all week. It's going to be a long pedal!

MJG

Likes Dirt
Yep, it's been showering pretty much all day in New Gisborne where I work, and the forecast is craaaap all week. It's going to be a long pedal!
For all the drizzle we had today there is only a bit over 5 mm in the rain gauge here in Macedon. Don't get too despondent just yet.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
100 km course:
Pine plantation (start of Vincie's Track) 29.5 km
Cammeray Waters (very close to start/finish line) 48 km
SE corner of Campaspe Rd plantation 75.8 km
The website isn't really informational. So water is available at 30km, 48km and 76km ?

I dont need to pick anything up, will do it with 2 x 1L bottles and stuffed pockets as long as there is water at these points.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Do you mean informative?
I'm not doing the event this year. But I had a quick look and found all the information about what is available and where.

ozzybmx

Downloaded the GPX file and rode part of the track on a road trip from SA last week. All is good there....

Its the water points and allowed pick up point for spares (at which km's)

Where are the waterpoints in KM's on the 100km track and at what point do we go back to Cammeray and i can load up with whatever i need ?

ozzybmx

Maybe i am going in a circle and the info is eluding me.... cant find where all the water stops are for the 100 and what stop lets me pick up whatever spares i need.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
You've quoted it all in your post. Water and electrolyte drinks are available at all 3 stations and you could probably pick stuff up at check point 2 at/near Cameray Waters.

ozzybmx

Cheers Pistonbroke, i was wanting confirmation as i couldn't find it on the website.

Its ok to hear it here but dont want to plan my water stops around what someone said on a forum.... thought thats what i am still doing.

Carrying 2L so should be enough, will carry everything i need for the hundie on myself anyway, just water needed.

Big Tim

Likes Dirt
They did the 50 point on a fire trail last year. I imagine they do the same for the 100. I'm sure I saw them marked on the map when I looked a couple of weeks back. Can't get the map up on the phone though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe i am going in a circle and the info is eluding me.... cant find where all the water stops are for the 100 and what stop lets me pick up whatever spares i need.
Page 11 in the rider info Billy

100km course

29 km water/ feed station

48km water/ feed station

75km water/ feed station

gu/ brew/ fruit/ bakery stuff

MJG

Likes Dirt
Downloaded the GPX file and rode part of the track on a road trip from SA last week. All is good there....

Its the water points and allowed pick up point for spares (at which km's)

Where are the waterpoints in KM's on the 100km track and at what point do we go back to Cammeray and i can load up with whatever i need ?
If you look carefully at the 100 km course map that's available from the race website then the feed stations that will supply not only food but all the water that you can drink or carry are:

1) just east of the circled 15, where the blue line of the race route goes SW from Pole Track.

2) at the point on the course in the Cammeray Waters resort where you've gone around the dam, just east of the START/FINISH writing.

3) immediately north of the circled 20, where the dashed red line meets Campaspe Rd.

Race distances for these are the same as you quoted in another message. At #2 you'll likely be able to get or drop off stuff at your car.

a_hargy

Likes Dirt
From the Wombat 100 site

Event Update – Inclement Weather
9th April 2014

If you are entered in the Wombat 100 event coming up this weekend, you are no doubt up to speed with the inclement weather we are experiencing in the Woodend area. We currently have a team on the ground accessing the impact of the recent rain on the local trails, and if any changes need to be made to the course. We are also working closely with the Wombat Mountain Bike Club and DSE to discuss potential impact should the rain persist as forecasted. We will keep you posted with regular updates via email, event website and the Max Adventure facebook page.

port80

Squid
If it's going to be raining for the event some of those climbs up the rocky / rooty sections are going to get real interesting.... C'mon sunshine!