working week 8hr 2009?

scotta

Likes Dirt
Just looked at the BOE website for some reason, and hey look what's happened. May 24th there is a round to be hosted by SCUM. So forget all your worries about clashes on your calendar, just go for it. There's nothing else on this day is there Schacksta?
round 3 wsmtb/mwmtb xc series

Woohoo, about time. I will be there was a fast fun track last year think I will go for a pair rather than solo this year.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
I think generally the clubs in NSW are pretty good at talking with each other to try and avoid clashes.

I suspect this race though was planned so late that a clash was inevitable.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im staying loyal i'll be there for round three at the mundie. hopefully if everyone goes to the WWS ill be a chance of a podium. If fact all i need is the 18 blokes who finished in front of me on Sunday to nick off and then im in. oh and i need lynchy to flat in the first 200 meters again.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Im staying loyal i'll be there for round three at the mundie. hopefully if everyone goes to the WWS ill be a chance of a podium. If fact all i need is the 18 blokes who finished in front of me on Sunday to nick off and then im in. oh and i need lynchy to flat in the first 200 meters again.
I'm hoping I can be there riding! the 'mundi that is, even if I only get a couple laps in.

Cheers
Gonz

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
So I am assuming the Nowra race on the 24th wont be at Currambene forest as this has already been booked for use by someone else... (4hr Orienteering event MTB-O) ??

(Led to believe the course for the orienteering takes in a few of the tracks in that area).... so any ideas where the race will be ?

Last edited:

dr.evil

Likes Dirt
From the Bright Orange Events Website

Nowra - Date Change - Details & online entries have been delayed as there was a double-booking of the fantastic Nowra track. Expect the second weekend in June, details and entries come after new date is confirmed and permitted for advertising by the relevant groups​

Fingers crossed I can make it there in June.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Expect the second weekend in June
CORC have an XCO race at Kowen on that weekend, so a bit of a quandry for Canberrans, me included. I'll keep my eye out for the official date announcement (and understand no matter what weekend they pick, there are always clashes, a product of so many good events on the calendar, a problem I won't ever complain about :)).

DaGonz

Eats Squid
From the Bright Orange Events Website

Nowra - Date Change - Details & online entries have been delayed as there was a double-booking of the fantastic Nowra track. Expect the second weekend in June, details and entries come after new date is confirmed and permitted for advertising by the relevant groups​

Fingers crossed I can make it there in June.
Which is the same weekend as the State Round at Ourimbah :(

...I'll be grumpy if he does that.

Cheers
Gonz

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Found it and ive made some changes

May 2/3 Dirt works
May 9/10 WSMTB Yellowmundie, Virgin Classic Awaba
May 16/17 NSWMTB XC Fitzroy falls/wmbc xc
May 23/24 wws 3 hour
May 30/31 HMBA xc

June 6/7 WSMTB Yellowmundie
June 13/14 NSWMTB XC Ourimbah/ WMBC xc/wws nowra
June 20/21 NSW All schools MTB/ SCUM XC
June 27/28 HMBA Xc

July
4/5 WSMTB Blue Gum Lodge/wmbc xc
11/12 If its on In July Then this has to be the date
18/19 Merida X Fusion 6 Hour
25/26 NSWMTB XC Blue gum lodge/HMBA xc

August
1/2 Possible
8/9 12 Hour Yellowmundie
15/16 NSWMTB xc Lithgow
22/23 Wild Horizons enduro
29/30 HMBA xc race day WWS Sparrow hill

So as has already been stated there are no weekends left that won't clash with someone's race. It would be interesting to see if this meant burnt bridges in some instances.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
There has always been clashes with the WWS and club rounds. That's sort of unavoidable, but where it clashes with a state level event, well there is a problem there.

scotta

Likes Dirt
Found it and ive made some changes

May 2/3 Dirt works
May 9/10 WSMTB Yellowmundie, Virgin Classic Awaba
May 16/17 NSWMTB XC Fitzroy falls/wmbc xc
May 23/24 wws 3 hour
May 30/31 HMBA xc

June 6/7 WSMTB Yellowmundie
June 13/14 NSWMTB XC Ourimbah/ WMBC xc/wws nowra
June 20/21 NSW All schools MTB/ SCUM XC
June 27/28 HMBA Xc

July
4/5 WSMTB Blue Gum Lodge/wmbc xc
11/12 If its on In July Then this has to be the date
18/19 Merida X Fusion 6 Hour
25/26 NSWMTB XC Blue gum lodge/HMBA xc

August
1/2 Possible
8/9 12 Hour Yellowmundie
15/16 NSWMTB xc Lithgow
22/23 Wild Horizons enduro
29/30 HMBA xc race day WWS Sparrow hill

So as has already been stated there are no weekends left that won't clash with someone's race. It would be interesting to see if this meant burnt bridges in some instances.
wsmtb round 3 is the 24th of may.