You know you're a cyclist when...

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
When one of the rooms in your home is referred to as "the bike room" by your wife, kid, mates, parents, friends, neighbours, work colleagues, census..................ok maybe not census but you get my two wheel drift :clap2:

yiannos18

Likes Dirt
when you check Strava/Bryton/Garmin sites like they're Facebook so you can see who's put in x amount of kilometres on a given day and what track they took!

yiannos18

Likes Dirt
when during an engineering maths lecture and the lecturer says 'dw' that you instantly think of dw-link and associated bikes!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Your the only one who understands hanging out atb the skatepark... shame on you people
A few mates and I were hanging out at a skatepark last night albeit, attempting to ride skateboards, not bikes, and one of the guys (in his late 20's) said he'd never hung out at a skatepark before. I just looked at him in disbelief. How can you be a child of the 90's and have never been to a skatepark.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
You shake your head every time you see a golf course .... sooooo much potential ... then you proceed to huck the sand traps and test the edge knobs on the really smooth carpet like grass carving round that hole thingy :eyebrows:

note: I've never done that ... just dreamt it :wacko:

RainbowofDETH

Likes Dirt
When I made an account for my bike on Facebook, just so I could be in a relationship with it.
When I made my own sexuality, bikesexual.
When I look at anything and imagine a trail or jump put there.
When I've got two bikes worth $7000, and have only had one car worth $800.
That I spent all my money on bike parts, and didn't care that I had a date with my girlfriend (ex) later that day.
I get excited seeing someone ride on a decent bike, not a Kmart thing.
When people try to show me bike video's on Youtube, and I've already seen them.
I spend too much time lurking the internet looking at bike stuff.

Knut

Troll hunter
When you buy a new car and the bike transporting component has priority over everything else.

I laughed about the "Every golf course should be a mountain bike trail" theory. Thank God, I am not the only one.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
when your Instagram and Facebook feeds are all about bikes.

when your local shops are 5mins walk away and you don't even consider walking but do spend 15 mins deciding which bike to ride.

when your selection criteria for new clothes revolves around whether you can ride your bike in them...

and when your Facebook newsfeed turns up gems like this:

‎10 useful tips for car drivers

1.) If you see a cyclist ahead and you can’t pass because of opposing traffic, resist the urge to run over him, even though you can. You know what a mess it can make of your car if you hit a 'roo; a cyclist will probably do even more damage.

2.) Don’t throw stuff at cyclists: In some states there is a fine for this; plus there is a fine for littering; it can add up. If you feel you must throw something at a cyclist, think of the environment; throw something that is biodegradable.

3.) Don’t waste time thinking of clever things to yell at cyclists as you drive by at 50mph. Just shout, "Garble, garble, garble, f*%$ing road." It is all they will hear anyway.

4.) If you are approaching a left turn, slow and wait behind the cyclist ahead of you. If you can’t do this at least be consistent and race ahead of other cars, then cut them off by turning right in front of them.

5.) Use the buddy system. If you can’t resist the urge to text while driving have a buddy ride along to look out for cyclists.

6.) Pedestrians can also be annoying; they will not stay on one side of the road and are likely to interrupt your texting by crossing over to the other side at some point.

7.) Resist the urge to lay on the horn. If you can’t do this consider fitting a second horn inside the car a few feet from your head. This will give you a realistic feel of how incredibly fu*&$ng loud your car horn is.

8.) Watch your blind spot: Looking in store windows or at pretty girls as you drive by creates a huge blind spot ahead of you. Cyclists have an annoying habit of riding in this blind spot.

9.) If a cyclist is riding in the middle of the lane, it could be because he will not ride within five feet of a parked car. (The door zone.) If you expect cyclists to ride within inches of parked cars, set an example by driving within inches of parked cars.

- If more cars did this and removed a few car doors, and grazed a few knuckles as a result, it would help by reminding people to look before opening a car door. At the present time cyclists hitting car doors does not have the same impact.

10.) Avoid hitting cyclists by simply going around them. If you should hit one because he happened to be there when you were adjusting your 'nads, don’t say “He swerved in front of me.” Simply tell the police officer, “I didn’t see him.”

- This is becoming the more widely accepted defense; after all it is the truth and a driver can’t be expected to see everything. (Don’t try the “I didn’t see it” defense if you run a stop sign. For some strange reason this does not work.)

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
you screw cleats to the bottom of your feet

Bit like a horse I guess. Hammer metal to hoof and its race time

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
You can't look at hills without scoping out lines. Or imagining the awesome tracks that could be had.

edit I already posted that in my last post earlier aha. my bad.

Last edited:

Knopey

Likes Dirt
You realise that your ITB is real, has been ignored for a long time, and is out exact sweet revenge.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
When you continually fuck your seat tube in hope that you'll make bike babies, and despite the scrapes and burns down your cawk you are persistent with your penetrative cadence

driftking

Wheel size expert
When you continually fuck your seat tube in hope that you'll make bike babies, and despite the scrapes and burns down your cawk you are persistent with your penetrative cadence

ahahahh

p.s seat tubes a little thin isn't it lol