You know you're getting old when ...

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
when you still wake up with a stiffy thinking of how damn sexy those Amp B4's were!
I aint gettin one of thos Proflex 957's, they look gay!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The MC San Andreas has to be high up the list of bikes ahead of their time. Pity the monocoque designs didn't come into the mainstream.

The Manitou Duallys sure looked superb great but sure were prone to cracking.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
The MC San Andreas has to be high up the list of bikes ahead of their time. Pity the monocoque designs didn't come into the mainstream.

The Manitou Duallys sure looked superb great but sure were prone to cracking.

San Andreas with Risse Champ forks and 5 bolt brake rotors, those were the days

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
I know im getting old that when back in my late teens, early twenties, watching a TV series with actresses in their 40s and 50s i would have thought of as old hags.
Now when i watch those same repeats on TV, the same 'old hags' i see im thinking to myself - 'f@ck she is ok for her age - I wouldnt mind diving into that.....'

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
when you can remember Maxxis tyres before they were called Maxxis
cheng shin where the shizz, and onza porcupines were for the cool kids
and anyone who raced DH without Oury grips was a chump
Had the tan and white onzas, all white Santa Cruz with the sdg zebra saddle, remember the day it snowed, bike vanished, only the black Santa Cruz sticker showed with the black e13 guide. XT 4pots and dj1s. Damn fine.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Had the tan and white onzas, all white Santa Cruz with the sdg zebra saddle, remember the day it snowed, bike vanished, only the black Santa Cruz sticker showed with the black e13 guide. XT 4pots and dj1s. Damn fine.
whats a 4pot?..im talking DH with Vbrakes

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes
I’m so old I still do....and have.
Haaa, I bought a Specialized Enduro 07 when they were new with non-hydraulic brakes for this very reason. Nowadays, if the brake lines fail, plan B is to use my face. It's getting good at hitting things anyways.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
YKYGOW ... ABC radio suddenly becomes interesting

Hearing aids become the new tech in your life

You’ve become happy with urban cycling of any type, as turning pedals at any speed is better then nuffink innit.

Your doctor smiles at your distinct sense of relief, when he notices your face as he tells you the prostate exam has been replaced with a blood test ... is this actually true? Because I jumped at the blood test without even questioning it (which is unlike Dr House MD ) and before my pucker hole even thought about un-puckering.

Edit ... Prostrate is something else innit

Last edited:

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Dart terrified me. Just turn a little bit in soft stuff and it just stops.

The Smoke on both ends is the retro schnizzer.

I only rode the them in WA pea gravel and found the Dart to have great edge grip, and could do little roosts with the front wheel when weaving side to side on a flat track. I had a set of NIB folding Smoke/Dart I left in the shed for a few years too long and they perished :(