You Yangs MTB Park

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a good day out there today. Did 2 hours of XC in the Kurrajong area, the big tabletop section with the berms is awesome... It was good to be back on the XC trails again. Then up to the Stockyards and did a couple of runs down Turbulence.

Great way to waste a Sunday.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Had a good day out there today. Did 2 hours of XC in the Kurrajong area, the big tabletop section with the berms is awesome... It was good to be back on the XC trails again. Then up to the Stockyards and did a couple of runs down Turbulence.

Great way to waste a Sunday.
Waste?!? I hear nothing there to suggest a waste! Good work:)

Warwick

Likes Dirt
Had a play out there today too. Track 14, from Stockyards to Kurrajong is unreal, followed by 15/16/17 as well. I love the climbs. There's been a good bit of effort building all these trails, so thanks guys!

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Boulder Track No.9

In the coming weeks work on track 9 will commence, this is due to the Nationals round being held by Geelong MTB Club as the track is in need of some tender loving care.

The work will include some re-aligning of some sections, new berms and some small new features, this track will be closed off when we start work until it is finished.

Anyone interested in getting involved with a couple of working bee's which will be held on this track will need to email the trail crew through our club email
youyangsmtbinc@yahoo.com.au, this way we will be able to notify people in advanced when you are needed.

Thanks again Dave
(You Yangs MTB Inc.)

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Asking a favour, does anyone have any pictures of the large rock armouring sections that are done on The Junction Track, ie track 14 that joins stockyards to Kurrajong. Mainly the steep section when you get of the fire road... pootle a bit then do the first big berm to the left with the nice views... then drops around 20 feet.

Just want a picture to be able to explain to people what is possible in reference to a trail we are working on here.

Any help is appreciated.

keyatch

Likes Bikes
Riding XC tracks at night?

I gotta pick some friends up from Avalon late friday night, thought i'd make the trip worthwhile and squeeze in a night ride over on the plantation side. Can you get in at night or do they lock those gates at the entrance?

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 180080

That one Moggio?? Sorry, work 'puter won't let me attach better than that...
Thanks for the pic!

Close I think, but I mean I guess the "rock garden"... I have seen Trav refer to it as "rock armouring" not a rock garden, hence I used his term. Bit confusing.

So its, if I am remembering correctly, when you turn left here and start that rocky descent down... Basically a picture of that rocky descent would be great.

trav

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the pic!

Close I think, but I mean I guess the "rock garden"... I have seen Trav refer to it as "rock armouring" not a rock garden, hence I used his term. Bit confusing.

So its, if I am remembering correctly, when you turn left here and start that rocky descent down... Basically a picture of that rocky descent would be great.
I will see if Ranger Mark has any pics of the area.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks, that will do nicely... can show people and give them a good idea of what I am droning on about.

... sadly it also makes me yearn to ride You Yangs.. ridden a lot of places, but You Yangs just has something really special... in september maybe.

EDIT: Do you have a copy of the whole track up anywhere vimeo or something, just really enjoyed watching that.. especially in HD!

Last edited:

Lemon

Likes Dirt
I gotta pick some friends up from Avalon late friday night, thought i'd make the trip worthwhile and squeeze in a night ride over on the plantation side. Can you get in at night or do they lock those gates at the entrance?
We ride the Kurrangong Side regularly Fri and Thurs nights. The park will be closed to cars but you can certainly enter from the Southern or Western sides.

Might be a little sloppy at the moment.