You Yangs MTB Park

Andino

Cannon Fodder
looking for a ride to You yangs

I have never been in You Yangs Before, but I have heard owesome things about this place, I would like to know if there is a manner to get there by bus or train, cos I dont have car to.
Or if someone is looking for friends to ride there on weekends just let me know and I will be the man.
I like cross country and down hill not very difficult too.
I enjoy climbing steeps tracks and single technicals tracks as well.
Thanks.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have never been in You Yangs Before, but I have heard owesome things about this place, I would like to know if there is a manner to get there by bus or train, cos I dont have car to.
Or if someone is looking for friends to ride there on weekends just let me know and I will be the man.
I like cross country and down hill not very difficult too.
I enjoy climbing steeps tracks and single technicals tracks as well.
Thanks.

Your best bet will to me catch the train.

From southern cross station to little river. From the station follow these directions:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&...44.498856&sspn=0.008509,0.018947&ie=UTF8&z=13

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
With boulder closed, anyone recommed a good aggro xc ride linking trail to trail through yy without this ripper open? Only really ride DH at yy and the bike will be awol this weekend so have to dust off the xc?
Thanks.

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
With boulder closed, anyone recommed a good aggro xc ride linking trail to trail through yy without this ripper open? Only really ride DH at yy and the bike will be awol this weekend so have to dust off the xc?
Thanks.
Start from Drysdale Rd, go around 5, when you get back on to Cressy Gully Rd follow that to the top of track 13, down 13 then across to Trav's(No7), up you go.
When you get to the top turn right and head towards track 6, turn left at the bottom and over to Dam View (No3), turn right at the top and head down the new and improved fire rd back to the car park, this track is now really fast with some large water bars,fun, also watch out for us trail fairies and machines hear:)

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Burning Off

Parks Vic will be burning off in the Kurrajong area today, people are recommended to stay away until they are finished, cheers.

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
Thanks BrownDog, as always very helpfull and appreciate your directions.
Its been ages since i ridden xc a YY and cant wait (grrrr weather this weekend).

Staunch

Eats Squid
Sorry if this has been answered before but will the XC Nationals on this weekend interfere with any of the DH tracks?
From memory Trav's Diamond runs across Turbulence , will this mean that it will be closed at all?

What about Cressy Climb? I think that's normally used in some XC races?
My bad if the XC is in a totally different area, not to familiar with the race lay out of XC at the Youies...

Last edited:

trav

Likes Dirt
Sorry if this has been answered before but will the XC Nationals on this weekend interfere with any of the DH tracks?
From memory Trav's Diamond runs across Turbulence , will this mean that it will be closed at all?

What about Cressy Climb? I think that's normally used in some XC races?
My bad if the XC is in a totally different area, not to familiar with the race lay out of XC at the Youies...
Turbulance and Bandages or Glory will be closed Friday and Saturday only,you still will be able to ride Cressy Climb all weekend.

Staunch

Eats Squid
So I assume that means they will be open Sunday then when the racing is going on?
How come they're closed Friday and Saturday but not race day?