Rotorburn

Product Review Box Two drive train

Mountain biking hasn’t seen a ton of changes to our drive train systems over the years. Sure, there’s been some innovations of late with the one chain ring coupled with a big range cassette and of course the electronic shifting offered nowadays but I’ll bet ninety percent of the bikes you’ve ridden on dirt have a drive train from one of the two main manufacturers; SRAM and Shimano. You’d have you preferred source of buying those brands and if you’re shopping online then you’ve probably found a great buy but can’t have it shipped to our shores in Australia.
You’re not limited to one or two brands though, read on to find out more on the Box Components drive train available from Mountain Bikes Direct!

Item: Box Two 11 speed cassette
Purchased From: Mountain Bikes Direct (Click here for the product page)
Purchase...

Product Review Shingleback Offroad Lite vertical bike rack

It seems like so long ago that we saw the first vertical bike rack appear from Shingleback Offroad. The Australian owned and manufactured company have certainly put a stamp on the mountain bike scene in Australia with their amazing range of bike racks that offer a huge range with tons of accessories to suit whatever application you have to transport and store your bikes. We were lucky enough to get our hands on the Classic when they first landed and have watched those racks survive for so long. They're still around of course and now the Shingleback Lite refines a craft that has worked so well for so long and added some timely features.
320322441_1186542505580455_2389721434846670742_n.jpeg

The rack is built from Duragal steel, it has a rust prevention added to it as well. The bottom bar that your rear wheels sit on is an alloy section that keeps the weight of the rack down. By looking at the rack, you wouldn't know the mix materials by sight as it has the same finish all over. You won't see many...

Product Review Five Ten Trailcross CLI Clip-In Shoes

I had a handful of Five Ten shoes on the go for many years. I ran the infamous Five Ten flats in the 2000’s that Sam Hill wore, boy did that put those shoes in the limelight of mountain biking with that grippy Stealth sole. I ran a few pairs of clips too, equally as reputable as the flats albeit with different design features. They lasted so long, the only thing that deemed them unusable was the pedal pins eventually took the soul out of the (ahem……) sole. I’ve not run a pair of Five Ten’s since the ADIDAS deal ten years ago so getting my feet in the new Five Ten Trailcross CLI from Chain Reaction Cycles has been a cool experience.

I’m running the clip in Trailcross in the orbit green colourway. There’s a few different colours to pick from to suit your taste. Visually, the first few things that stand out are the...

Product Review LoamLab Components available in Australia

During the tenure of testing and reviewing products over the years, I’ve been really lucky to work with some really cool people and share some amazing products from some big names in the mountain bike world through to some young ideas that have become a reality. This one is especially cool for me as I know the Gentleman behind these great ideas, I completely understand his drive to create innovative designs and can guarantee this stuff has been put to the test on some renowned trails worldwide. A long background in downhill riding across Australia and the lush landscapes of Canada, Mark has created some products born of necessity more than just a desire to make something flash. Designing the products himself and seeing this come to life must be so rewarding. I’m really excited to introduce you to LoamLab Components!
The LoamLab Grip is a lock on rubber grip unlike any thin rubber grip I’ve used. Truth be told...

Product Review 2021 Nukeproof Ridewear

The Nukeproof Technical Ridewear Apparel release is a highlight for me each year. I bang on about this every time I get my hands on it; it’s the best apparel I’ve ever worn. The 2021 range of Blackline and Outline apparel is available through our pals at Chain Reaction cycles and this range is an instant winner that sticks with the proven quality and pricing that propels it far ahead of the rest.

The genres I partake in are gravity fed; downhill and enduro and I’m lucky enough to be able to ride all year round without the interference of snow. Having only worn Nukeproof Ridewear over all the seasons for some time now, I can reassure you that the range is very temperate to whatever season you’re riding in. Cold weather? Nah, no worries! You can layer up with some of the Nukeproof base layers, chuck a Blackline jersey on then top it off with a Blackline jacket. When the sun is still blazing in summer at 7pm and you’re down to one...

Product Review Cleanskin products

Cleanskin has expanded their range of mountain products very nicely over the last year and it’s loaded with the most practical stuff you can get your hands on but the best part? Its remarkably cheaper than a lot of the other options out there but keeps you in tune with good quality products. I’ve got a bunch of Cleanskin gear in my collection already but now I’m adding these goodies, have a look at this cool range available at MTB Direct!

The Cleanskin clamp workstand is perfect for maintaining your bike at home and folding up into a compact and light package makes it ideal for taking away on riding trips in the car. The bulk of it is aluminium with a firm gripping resin clamp that can hold your bike by the top tube or the seat post. To stop the front end wobbling around, just attach the nifty stabilizer and you’re sorted. It’s rated to hold bikes up to 25kg so you can swing...

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My Way