Recent content by MarioM

1. MarioM

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Some wicked wills . Going to try nobby nic front and will rear . I also have a vee rail escape coming from elsewhere that I`m keen to try .
  2. MarioM

Ordered and got some industry 9 trails s hydra wheels . 1700 on the scale . Waiting for xt cassette and chain and tyres from Pushys . Combo should be a 500 gram saving over the current . Figured rotational weight on the slash is where its at . Carbon bars also incoming .
  3. MarioM

New to Aussie, advice on South Old trails pls

Look for Wollongong mtb trails on facebook . Join up and enjoy . Heaps of trails . Also we have Cringila mtb park - these are short runs though . With Sydney being close by there are multiple options close like Heathcote , RNP , Kentlyn , Appin , Mill creek etc . Nowra trails are more XC...
  4. MarioM

Bike storage shed ideas...

Its the rack it shelving you get from bunnings - pretty cost effective and stable as . Up top are the wire shelves . Work out gaps for bikes - it supposed to be top and tail but I get lazy - 4x2 across cable tied screw hooks in . I do this to accomodate different spacings . Wood shelf the...
  5. MarioM

Bike storage shed ideas...

Looks good but yeah expensive . My first thought was for my boards , but yikes at the price . This is mine . Shits messy because of long renos so threw it up to get something going in the garage until I can spend more time in there and be able to move around .
  6. MarioM

The burner bike size poll.

Geez , so far there are only two proper size humans here
  7. MarioM

Do they sting you extra for the bike / rack ?
  8. MarioM

All Mountain Tyres

Didn`t even think about them as I cursed and stomped my feet while the dogs ran for cover . By far the worst to mount I`ve had were the hutchinsons that are on the XC bikes . All of these will be ridden until they`re so bald it`ll be dangerous and then just cut them off . By that stage there...
  9. MarioM

All Mountain Tyres

Indeed it is and a contributing factor I think . Tires off and actual weight each is 1.11 kg . Tire tub produced a new 2.35 nobby nic at 860 for the rear and a forgot I even had slightly used 2.35 michelin wild am at 920 for the front . Bitches to mount too on the line comp wheels .
  10. MarioM

All Mountain Tyres

Makes sense what you say . I`d not thought about them being a light casing though but sounds like you know them so thats good info . I do get some bounce from them although its minimal . I`m definitely not getting any squirm or roll under feeling . Perhaps this is a better description - its the...
  11. MarioM

The burner bike size poll.

Hey thats me . AM bikes always small and XC bikes are medium
  12. MarioM

All Mountain Tyres

Have been riding bontrager xr5 2.6 for a while now on the slash , in between other bikes , and every ride I`m trying to pinpoint exactly what it is that I feel with them . Is 2.6 too wide a tire ? Rims internal 29 ( line comp 30 ) .I know its a big travel bike but for the life of me the climbs...
  13. MarioM

Wait till you put them on and try them . So nice .
  14. MarioM

What are you listening to NOW?

One of my favourite bands from my youth just keep delivering .
  15. MarioM

All the Covid bike purchases flooding the market?

Hope it goes well for you .