Recent content by noel0409

1. noel0409

sunglasses whilst riding

I have an old pair of Ray Ban frames and had a set of "Photochromatic optical lenses to suit my old eyes fitted into them. They are great I can see everything and find them very good in all round light conditions. If your in a health fund they cost bugger all and you could probably get them...
  2. noel0409

Rock Shox Full Service Kits

I got mine from http://cyclinic.com.au/ though the ones I wanted weren't listed on their web page when I rang they had them. I have Revelation forks and Monarch RT3 high air volume shock. Also bought a set of pivot bearings, all turned out pretty good although the shock seal kit was a bit pricey...
  3. noel0409

Elixir 5 Brake Bleed

all sorted took the line off and blew it out with the compressor etc and got it all done, brakes are good again, thanks for the replies folks
  4. noel0409

Elixir 5 Brake Bleed

Anyone who couldn't figure out which was the correct lever for the caliper shouldn't be stuffing around with the bike at all just pay the guy to do it
  5. noel0409

Elixir 5 Brake Bleed

Howdy all, I'm trying to bleed my brakes followed everything in the avid guide and youtube videos but can't get any fluid to go through from bottom to top or the other way. Tried all handle positions as in the guides and backed the adjuster completely and then reset it at 80mm from center of the...
  6. noel0409

Wheel Bearings

Thanks for that, the end cap on mine screws off from the tube but I guess the rest of the procedure will be the same thanks again
  7. noel0409

Wheel Bearings

Howdy folks Whats the drill with getting these bearings and the center tube out, is there a step on the tube or does it go right through the bearings from both sides
  8. noel0409

South East Queenslands answer to Whistler.

Yippy can't wait, how long before this is open :dance:
  9. noel0409

Rust prevention for steel frames

Lanolin is the best stuff for rust prevention buy Lanox and spray the whole bike except brakes, i live on the coast and have a bike from 1995 steel frame and its still pretty good Lanox is better than Inox or WD40. I use Lanox on all my tools etc as well
  10. noel0409

Gold Coast Call to Arms

Thanks for the info, keep us informed if there is a going to be a meeting i'll try to go along
  11. noel0409

Rockshox Monarch RT3

Thanks for that your probably right about overseas but I was hoping to get one a bit quicker
  12. noel0409

Rockshox Monarch RT3

Howdy all Anyone know where I can buy a Rockshox Monarch RT3 rebuild/service seal kit in Australia Thanks
  13. noel0409

Hayes Brakes

I put some Hayes dyno comp on my other bike (bought from crc) and find them very good, plenty of power and feel, a bit of mucking around to get the bleed right after resizing the rear hose. Its better to over fill them and let a little fluid out from the top until they feel just right and aren't...
  14. noel0409

XT rear derailleur/gears keep skipping

http://www.bikeradar.com/search/?searchTerm=chain+wear if you have a look around here you can find some info about measuring chain wear etc
  15. noel0409

XT rear derailleur/gears keep skipping

derailleur Howdy If your derailleur is working properly and is aligned correctly the most likely cause of your dramas is the chain and casette are stuffed, I had similar goin on with one of my bikes and eventually fixed it by replacing both, tried a new chain first but still the same so...