Recent content by pi11wizard

1. pi11wizard

XC Trails near Thornton and Beresfield

Sign up to strava and 'explore' around that area. I think the Ronnster has ridden about 12,000 miles through those areas. eg...
  2. pi11wizard

Best Multi Day Rides NSW

Strava is a gold mine for linking up trail. You can construct some really cool loops out of bits and pieces of other peoples rides.
  3. pi11wizard

*SOLD* Brand New 2013 Trance X1 29er Medium

Sold thanks Item: 2013 Giant Trance X1 29er Medium Location: Newcastle, Australia Item Condition: Brand New. It has NEVER been ridden. Completely unmodified. As it came out of the box. Reason for selling: Insurance replacement for stolen bike. If I'm honest, I'm not going to ride it and...
  4. pi11wizard

2013 Tour Divide

Stuff is going to get really smell, that's the deal. Baby wipes can only do so much. Interestingly, I found on AZT that my gear actually smelt pretty good after 3 days in the same knicks. I can make a pair of knicks toxic in a few hours in Oz but due to the ridiculously low humidity over...
  5. pi11wizard

2013 Tour Divide

They are still going. Must have stopped for second dinner.
  6. pi11wizard

Tour Divide 2012

Keep your eyes on Jesse and Liam, word on the street is that they can ride a bike. Looking forward to watching this year unfold.
  7. pi11wizard

(SOLD) 2008 Giant Anthem 1 (medium)

sold sold (10 characters)
  8. pi11wizard

Bump - Price drop $350.00
  9. pi11wizard

Item: 2008 Giant Anthem 1 (medium) frame/fork + stem + bars + seatpost plus whatever else is on the bike in the photo. Location: Newcastle, Australia Item Condition: Good - there is a mark in the top tube paint where a stray brake lever swung past, other than that, the frame is in amazing...
  10. pi11wizard

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

I'd be keen although I'm riding AZT over the next month and i'm pretty sure I will never want to see a bike again when I get back.
  11. pi11wizard

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

http://www.theunknownrider.com/2013/03/13/gdt-13-a-bikepacking-event/ best trails ever
  12. pi11wizard

Is it time for a serious SS nats?

No 10 characters
  13. pi11wizard

24HOA World Solo Championships 2012 cancelled.

Can you really afford to ride your arse off for a third time? What will you sit on?
  14. pi11wizard

Carbon Hardtail as a touring bicycle?? I've heard its not a viable option but...

A hell of a lot of carbon hardtails have made it from Banff to Antelope Wells in the Tour Divide in one piece. The style of riding they do in that race sounds much like what you are shooting for. Run what you brung and see what happens, that is part of the adventure ;)
  15. pi11wizard

Fat Bikes

I've never had a penetrating puncture but i've pinch flatted lots and lots. Mostly because I'm playing in rocks with about 3 psi in the tyres. If I pump the tyres up a bit, then all is fine. Rotating mass just isn't an issue - they are called a fat bike. If any bike is allowed to be...