Recent content by TonyG

1. T

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Fair point.. I still think the right decision was made to replace the previous gov't. The whole Gillard/Rudd thing had to go, it was toxic and unsustanable. I put this wholly on Kevin, I personally think Gillard did an okay job considering the deck was so clearly stacked against her. She had to...
  2. T

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

report card It’s been a while since I’ve posted… A quick one on this, my report card on the current government would be 2 out of 10, Education – Pyne is a c<nt of the highest order, the smug looking f*ck seems to just p!sses me off every time I look at him. And has made a total botch of...
  3. T

Little Things You Hate

I've suffered insomnia all my life (and I'm nearing 40). I have found that all the pills in the world can't help in the long term. The issue is usually to do with your "mind" (for lack of a better word) getting over-stimulated during your sleeping hours. Then frustration sets in, which sets...
  4. T

Little Things You Hate

Madonna's vagina, circa 1985! (ref -Family Guy)
  5. T

New car?

I agree with the above posts too, I'd go second hand for a commuting car. You're going to knock up the miles on it and you'll be in the work car park all the time (possible damage). I've got an old golf for my second car. Its only used to drive to the station and back, and it does the job. I'd...
  6. T

People trying to convert us to various alternative lifestyles

You really are a genius Josh, I don't eat any dish that doesn't have at least one item on the plate that's screamed at least once in the preparation of my meal.
  7. T

Work emails

Shit Dozer, I'm glad I dont have you reviewing my work credit card bills!!! Don't worry about a few coffee's, it's the constaint $1,000 + lunches!! (I promise a few of them were work related) I think your attitude to a family business is very admirable from an employees perspective. However...
  8. T

Rudd Resigns as Foreign Minister

Yep i agree, I think the "cream of the crap" at the moment has to be Turnbull (Libs), Shorten (Lab) or Smith (Lab).
  9. T

Little Things You Love

i know, I double checked it after seeing how cheap all the others are and on average I'm over $1k a 1/4.... I might have to scale back the meth lab and hydroponics..... Without being a wanker, I actually do have a larger volumn house, and it faces direct west. As a result, we run the air con...
  10. T

Little Things You Love

Sheezus, mine average between $800 to $1,200 depending on season, and I have solar water heating!!
  11. T

Martin Place is NOT for Occupy

I think you are reading too much into the stats, in a massive down turn in the economy such as we see in the US, jobs are scarce. Because of this scarcity then the fewer jobs go to the best qualified. Such is life, when I left school in 91' we had youth unemployment around 30% and I remember...
  12. T

I think John Hewsen said it best on the 7pm Project the other night, "it's a race to the bottom".
  13. T

Kindle 6" or 9.7"

Thanks guys, I've decided to go with the 6" version. POSM I think being able to stick it in a pocket is what gets me over the line. And being so simple suits my clumsy technical skills to the ground.
  14. T

Kindle 6" or 9.7"

Thanks Lyle, Yep, I thought about the Ipad too. However, it's just starting to get too big for reading on the train.
  15. T

Kindle 6" or 9.7"

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a Kindle, I'm undecided ont he 6" or 9.7". I know a few of you have purchased them on here, which one did you get and why?? Not overly fussed on price, so it's really just on ease of use. Is it more practical to go with the smaller one as it's easier to carry...