Search results

1. Go

Partners f*%$wittery

Can we start a thread to tell stories about our partner/spouse/best buddy's bike related mishaps? Pic worth a thousand words He or she who guesses what happened first, wins the internet today. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  2. Go

Fork opinions

Sold my 2015 pike cause I want to get something different. Lyrik or 36 out of the list for know, unless I can be convinced they are the better choice. Looking at Mattoc Pro 2, Ribbon and Helm coil or air. Any comparisons anyone can make? I know the Mattoc has a few fans i here plus it is the...
  3. Go

Public service anouncement

If someone lost a credit card at Buxton today or yesterday PM with your name and details. It's in safe hands. Will destroy by end of day Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  4. Go

I spec B bolt

Hello burners, Anyone have a spare Shimano i spec B bolt and nut assembly thingy? Preferably in Melbourne around Northcote. Happy to pay postage otherwise. Photo below Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  5. Go

Thomson dropper service

Has anyone had their Thomson dropper serviced? Mine is 2 1/2 years old and is starting to feel the need for some love. Where did you get it done? How long for turn around/cost, etc? I bought from Pushy's and first service was offered free of charge at time of purchase. Dunno if it applies...
  6. Go

US$399 Carbon rig

The future is here....or is it? Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  7. Go

Shock upgrade

Appologies for long post. Just built up a gen 2 Banshee Phantom. First few rides and the bike is so much faster than the Honzo it replaced. (Pretty obvious, I know) Upgradeitis has me looking at either a debonair can for the Monarch RT3 it comes with or really splashing out and getting a DPX2...
  8. Go

Arthurs seat chairlift

Has anyone hit the Red Hill trails using the eagle chairlift yet? Reviews, recomended trails? Heading there on Sat. Looking to maximize trail time as there is a bit of pedalling to be done from the lift to the trail head. Cheers Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  9. Go

VIC SOLD Please delete

Item: Kona Honzo ST frame. Size XL. Year 2016 Condition: Very good Reason for selling: Going full squish Location: Melbourne Price: 650 The frame is in very good condition. Some rust in bottom bracket, clear coat chips on down tube and some cable rub marks. Small scratch on left chain stay...
  10. Go

Is my Pike farked?

Hello Rotorburners, The rebound adjuster (red knob) seems to be stuck. It only moves about 3 clicks with the little screw that holds it in place in. If I remove said screw it moves and unwinds to the point you can see the o ring in the outside shaft bolt but the bloody thing won't come off the...
  11. Go

29er fork on 27.5 frame

Any one tried this? Keeping wheel size 6 fiddy b. How much would the 51mm offset affect handling? I have a spare fork so it would save me 1000 bucks. Any pros? What would the cons be? Cheers Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  12. Go

VIC Sold. Please delete

Bike: 2013 XL Kona Unit (20) Inch Location: Melbourne Reason for selling: No longer needed Condition: Great Price: 750 Bike in great condition. Been using as commuter for the last 9 months. Upgrades include: Deore brakes Nine carbon bar 710mm Thomson stem 90mm Thomson seatpost X9 crankset MRP...
  13. Go

29 9mm QR Rear Wheel

Looking for a cheap 29 inch rear wheel (disc). Converting my single speed to geared. Melbourne metro area. Can't be bothered dealing with postage/bank deposits for something under 120 bucks Cheers Go Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
  14. Go

Lit Pro for DH

All the top moto guys are using it. It would be very helpful for DH racing. Is it not allowed by UCI or does the GPS not work very well in the woods?. It could be that it only works in the U.S.A because I doubt the MTB community has overlooked it. Anyone know why it's not used? links if...
  15. Go

2016 Honzo Build

Here she is, just finished putting it together this arvo. Still have a dropper and different stem to put on it. I likes a lot Specs Frame: Honzo ST size XL Wheels: Crossmax XL Drivetrain: XT 1x11 34 FR 11-40 Cassette Brakes: XT Bars: Easton Havoc carbon 750mm Forks: Pike 130mm 51mm offset...
  16. Go

Pike vs Revelation

Just got myself a 2016 Kona Honzo ST frame. Now the fun process of building it up begins. Here is where the rotorburn collective experience will be handy. Do I get a 120mm or 130mm fork (29 inch wheels)? and do I fork out the extra cash for Pikes or get the Revs? I have the pikes in my AM rig...
  17. Go

VIC SOLD PLEASE DEL Kona Jake the Snake 2012

Item: 2012 Kona Jake the Snake Size: 59cm Condition: Very good Reason for selling: buying new bike Location: Melbourne Price: $450 firm Upgrades: East on EA70 seat post and prolite carbon bars Pics: will post later Full specs can be found below...
  18. Go

Missing rider

Search underway for missing mountain biker http://ab.co/1DKIPGD #abcnews Sad news. Hoping for a positive outcome. Stay safe everyone and always tell someone where you are going and ride with someone when possible
  19. Go

Steerer Tube

This deserves to be in the fuckwits thread but since I'm seeking a solution here's the story. Took delivery of my beautiful Niner RDO fork, proceeded to measure and measure again before cutting the steerer (Carbon). Got the hacksaw, cut it very much perfectly straight only about 20mm too...
  20. Go

Which AM Hardtail Frame

So I've decided I want to build an AM Hardtail. Have narrowed it down to three choices Cotic Solaris http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/solaris Ragley Big Wig http://www.ragleybikes.com/bigwig-29er-hardtail Singular Buzzard...