Search results

1. Beej1

Melbourne shoulder surgeon refs

Anyone got any good stories of shoulder surgery in Melbourne - to the point they'd recommend a particular surgeon? I mean good as in: - will explain clearly what's wrong and how they'll fix it - did a great job with the knife - provided adequate rehab advice - recovery was as planned...
  2. Beej1

26in wheel in 27.5 fork

Google pointed me to several threads on this, none of which gave me the exact info I'm looking for. Situation: Current 26in Lyrik circa 2010 is giving me grief. Tempted to upgrade to current model Pike. I'm happy with every other part of my 26in wheel'd Nomad, but will realistically upgrade...
  3. Beej1

WTB - Rockshox Lyrik Tapered CSU or same fork with buggered internals/lowers

Item: Rockshox Lyrik (pre-2015 upgrade) 26in Tapered CSU 160mm, or a busted/crap/stuffed Rockshox Lyrik you can't be bothered fixing with decent tapered CSU Location: VIC, Melb area ideally. But willing to pay postage for a good unit Price range/Willing to Pay: Hopefully around $150ish...
  4. Beej1

Grinding off cable guides

Just wondering if anyone has ever ground/cut/removed a cable guide from an aluminum frame? I've found a few threads on various forums discussing it, commonly on steel for folk restoring old frames as fixies. Just wondering if anyone here's done it on alloy. About to strip and repaint a frame...
  5. Beej1

Found

All sorted thanks.
  6. Beej1

5-10 Basics anywhere in Melb?

Hey guys/girls, Any of you seen 5-10 BA51C shoes at any shops in Melb. Failing that, anyone seen any shops with 5-10's in general so I can get the sizing right? Thanks.
  7. Beej1

661 Recon Helmet - SOLD

Item: 661 (SixSixOne) Recon AM helmet, size L/XL - SOLD Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Brand Spankers (new) in box with plastic bag to boot Reason for selling: Doesn't fit my egg-shaped head properly Price and price conditions: $100 as is with no returns once money exchanges hands...
  8. Beej1

661 Recon Helmet - in VIC stores

I like the look of this helmet, and would like to try one on. Anyone seen any at their LBS? Even better if LBS is in the Melbourne or Canberra areas.
  9. Beej1

Full Face Helmets - Melbourne

In the market for a FF helmet. I must have an odd shaped head, as I've been trying heaps on and they're all not fitting properly. I have a large noggin, so I've been trying L's and XL's in everything, but to no avail. The only one that fit so far are a TLD D2 which was a little out of my price...
  10. Beej1

Camping at 24hr events

Just wondering if people could share their thoughts on what a good camping setup is for a 24 hour race? I'm entering my first one this year in a team of 4, and we don't really know whether you're sposed to bring something big enough to store/fix your bikes in (like a marquee)? Or just...
  11. Beej1

Skewer thread lube (for fork mounted car racks)

Hey there, Just wondering what sort of lube people use on their skewer threads on their fork mounted bike racks? I've been finding that regular bike lube products don't last very long - given a car is exposed to the weather more than a bike (in my case anyway). Now that winter approaches...
  12. Beej1

Mornington Peninsula tracks

Hey all. Heading down to the Point Nepean Music Festival this weekend, staying at Rosebud. In the mornings before the gig starts up, some friends and I are aiming to do some riding. Last time we were there we went searching for some singletrack/DH and weren't very successful. We did find a...
  13. Beej1

Rear suspension on Giant Trance

Hi All, I am interested in getting a Giant Trance (either buying the 1 and swapping parts, or hopefully finding a decent frame), and have a question about it's rear suspension. Giant lists it as having 4.2in of travel, and it has either a Fox Float R, RP2 or RP23 Shock depending on model...
  14. Beej1

Thanks to Jason & Kylie

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Off Topic or the MTB Threads, but anyway, if anyone out there knows a couple by the names of Jason & Kylie who are a pair of Melbourne MTB riders, who I'm pretty sure said they were going in FTF's Hard Day At The Office this Feb, then I need to pass on a...