Search results

1. S

Brisbane DH Scene

Hey guys, I bought Jillian Duncan's book the other day and it seems there are a whole lot more DH tracks around then when I was riding ~8 years ago. I'm considering getting a DH bike now but thought I'd ask on here if there's much of a scene happening? A lot of guys were getting out of it...
  2. S

Email/IP listed with Spamhaus? Help!

Hey guys, Again, I'm posting a tech question on Farkin as it usually pays off. Just went to reply to an email from one of my company email addresses and I got this error - nschwcmgw06p BigPond Outbound [OB105. Connection refused. 60.226.8.14 is listed on the Exploits Block List (XBL)...
  3. S

Wall mounted DVD player

Hey guys, Google hasn't been my friend, so I'm turning to Farkin yet again as I know there's a bunch of tech savvy people here. Just bought a 50" plasma for the bedroom...wall mounted directly across from our bed, all hidden cables etc. I obviously want to be able to play DVDs, but I want...
  4. S

Remote Accessible Hard Drive

Hey guys, My second IT related question on a MTB forum in a day...go me. I've wanted to set up a remotely accessible hard drive for my staff and I for a few months now. We have a lot of files that are constantly being updated and it's such a hassle to always be emailing the most current...
  5. S

Domain Name/Douche Web Host Information

Hey guys, One of my companies websites has been hosted with the same company for 6 years. I recently had a new one built and the designer is hosting it elsewhere. I emailed my old host to get them to cancel my hosting and transfer the domain...they are refusing without the payment of some...
  6. S

Cheapest place to buy a Mac?

Hey guys, Last year I made the jump and bought myself a Macbook Pro directly off the Apple website. Pleasant experience all round but at $3,500 it's anything but cheap. I now have to deck my PA out with a laptop so she can work from home...so everything is compatible, I'm going to get another...
  7. S

Tools

Hey guys, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything recent, surprisingly. Over the last 7 years of moving and renovating, as well as a great deal of loaning and losing, my toolbox is looking rather forlorn compared to its once former glory. I'm looking at starting fresh and am open...
  8. S

Tyres - 2.25"+ XC/Freeride

Hey guys, There's probably a thread about this but I'm 2003 OG so I don't need to look it up! I've just bought a new bike after 5 years off, and everything has changed since I was into it. It needs a set of tyres, mainly from a mean drunk skid contest I recently had. I don't care what they...
  9. S

Office for Mac 2011 - Outlook only showing emails from the last seven days.

Hey guys, Once again I'm turning to Farkin to fix my technical problems...I have a new Mac with Office for Mac 2011. I use Outlook as it's what I used on my PC...the only problem is it will only show me emails from the last seven days. I've Googled this problem and the fix for every other...
  10. S

Steelcap boots, UHF radios, Camelbaks and topographical GPS units...

G'day guys, I've had a bit of a change in career lately and now spend a lot of time in the bush. I need a bit of advice on some top gear to buy that will make my time out here a bit easier. I'm currently sporting a pair of Hard Yakka steelcaps...and the blister on my right big toe is...
  11. S

Good Quality Workwear

Hey guys, So I'm now on my way to the next phase of my career, which thanks to this new contract I have signed, I will be spending a considerable amount of time in the field. I have a few bits and pieces with regards to PPE that keeps us out of trouble, but I really need to deck myself out...
  12. S

Slow Outlook

So my Outlook is becoming progressively slower, which is in direct correlation with the increasing amount of emails I have stored...upwards of 10,000. I can't delete them, but can I back them up? Is there a way of selecting emails that were received prior to a certain date, and exporting them...
  13. S

Facebook Chat

Hey guys, A bit of a silly thing, but it's really pissing me off. I use FB chat to keep in touch with a lot of people, but it interferes with the browsers I'm using at the same time. It doesn't matter whether I'm using tabs or separate browsers - it will either automatically switch to the...
  14. S

Car Choice

G'day guys, The missus and I are keen to invest in a newish car. She's currently driving an '04 Corolla Sport, but it's a little bit boring. We're thinking of a WRX Hatchback/Wagon, with a maximum price of about 30k, preferably closer to 20k as I want to buy some kayaks too. What's the go...
  15. S

Stripping paint

G'day guys, I'm in the middle of doing some house renovations and I've hit a bit of a snag. I have a balcony out the front, about 13 metres wide. I started stripping the paint off the balcony handrails a while ago but it's an insanely time consuming process that's driving me nuts. I've been...
  16. S

Freighting from the US

G'day guys, Haven't been on here in a while, but thought I would ask this question here as there's plenty of knowledgeable people...sometimes. I've recently purchased a small book store, and we need to import books from throughout the world - a hideously expensive task. I've just paid $750...
  17. S

Sydney based printing/signwriting companies

Hey guys, We're chasing a Sydney based printing/signwriting company to knock up a banner and a roll-up sign for us. Our local mob haven't been able to process our order and we don't have enough time in QLD to go with someone else before we head to Sydney. Any suggestions greatly appreciated...
  18. S

Internet Explorer problems

Anybody else been having drama's lately? Mine has been jamming up and freezing like crazy, especially on websites like Facebook and Ebay. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen if I have two or more tabs running. I'm downloading Firefox at the moment, but does anybody have any ideas/reasons...
  19. S

Holy shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3BkAsAG9E
  20. S

Backpack - recommend me one.

I've being looking at the Oakley Kitchen Sink. A bit exxy at around $300 but it's basically what I want. Basically all it needs is a laptop space, somewhere tough to stick my breakable gear like sunnies, phone's and iPod be super tough so it can get dragged all over Australia with me. It's...