Search results

1. N

Capital punishment - which tyres / tubless / pressures?

I've used Schwalbe Ralph's and Michelin something :noidea:, they were grey and on my bike already so I used them! Worked well. Oh and tubeless too.
  2. N

Training Log Morgans Training

Where's the update! It's been a week......
  3. N

Capital Punishment 50KM TICKET FOR SALE

Due to the date change i cannot make the race now, so if anyones chasing a ticket for the race let me know 0407649191. Im not exactly sure how the transfer works but get in touch with me and ill sort it out. $70 for the ticket, plus whatever transfer fee (if there is one).
  4. N

Woodford Glenbrook Classic entries now open

http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/index.py?branch=cycling This mob were doing photos apparently, not sure when they'll be up online. You should get an email from them if any of yours are worth buying.
  5. N

I'm not 100% sure, just going off what he wrote earlier in the thread, but i dont think he was part of the group. It seems he was just riding and got in the road of the train, which is when they had a go at him. If this isnt the case i withdraw what i've said :eek:
  6. N

I didnt see them guys, but if they did say something like that to me i would have done exactly the same as you mate. But so far in my 5 or so yrs of racing i havent had 1 bad incident at all. Goes to show what the majority of the sport is like. Back on topic, rego was quick, weather was great...
  7. N

Paterson Kona 24 Hour - May 21/22, 2011.

I'd also like say thanks to whoever built that track, I loved it. Would have to say the descent was probably the most fun I've had on a bike for a while, flowed really well.The long climb was hard for me after 2 laps, i walked nearly the whole climb last lap because i cramped up.... but thats...
  8. N

Capital Punishment 2011

I dont really care what others think, i ride to challenge myself and be it 25,50 or 100.... if i finish within a time i was hoping for im happy. I think for people like myself who dont have the time or motivation to do much training (no training at all before this:o) that 50 kms is quite enough...
  9. N

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Yeh i normally run 30-32, but because the tyre was leaking slowly my plan was to have it at 50 to start with and by the end it'd have only leaked down to 30 odd.
  10. N

Well i ended up pulling the tyre off and on a few times, trying to reseat the bead and check for leaks......I got over it fast. Kept getting leaks in different spots, but ended up with just one tiny tiny leak. Pumped it up to 60psi and left it overnight to check how much it dropped by the...
  11. N

Terrain is nothing too wild, few rocks but nothing major (racing in canberra) and the tyres are brand new. ve been a bit rushed and thought id fit the tyres down here but forgot to bring goo. LBS wont be open early enough in the morn.
  12. N

Would you race without running any? Or just jam a tube in to be sure, suppose its better to do it now then halfway through the race
  13. N

Another tubeless tyre thread..... The question im asking is with dedicated UST tyres(schwalbe ralphs), is sealant needed? I have only ever run them with sealant, but it turns out ive forgotten mine and its too late to get hold of some! So is it necessary to make them seal or does it work...
  14. N

Views vs replies

Im just going to sit back an watch this thread i think......
  15. N

Capital Punishment 2011

Dont get me wrong Frensham, if its on i'll be riding it, regardless of weather. It did take a bit of a toll on my bike last year (pads, 1 cable, chain) but i loved it. I think the weather made it more challenging, but also more fun. Was just asking the question if they would postpone, as some...
  16. N

Capital Punishment 2011

So are any of the race organisers on here? The website doesnt say much, im just wondering if hypothetically speaking it does continue to rain daily before the race.....will the race be postponed?My thoughts is they ran it last year, so why wouldnt they do it again. I'm not a local either but...
  17. N

hmba xc races

Im keen as for the races in alternate locations, especially Singleton because i live there and it'd be the first type of MTB race Singos ever had that i know of.... (in my life anyway). BMX used to be big here but there hasnt been anything for 12-14yrs. If whoever is helping organise it is on...
  18. N

hmba xc races

Thanks for the quick replies. Is it best to just go via Cessnock, Freemans Waterhole then turn onto Mt Faulk rd....and its somewhere along that road? Also where are they holding the races in Singo? The Maison deui track....
  19. N

hmba xc races

Forgive my hopeless searching on the HMBA (hunter mountain bike association:rolleyes:) website but i cant find the directions on how to get to where the club races are at? Can anyone give me directions or an address so i search on google maps etc......Thanks PS im coming from Singleton, so...
  20. N

Capital Punishment 2011

Sweet thanks for the heads up, i wouldnt have remembered otherwise. Was a great race last year, and keen to do it again. I wonder if the Crowne Plaza will be doing a cheaper rate again this year? Didnt mention it on the website.