Search results

1. jailbait

'04 IH-SGS w/888's- Now with Code 5's

Same horst link suspension design used on this and the Specialized's FSR designs.
  2. jailbait

'04 IH-SGS w/888's- Now with Code 5's

Nice, 4 bar suspension is wonderful. Is that really an 04? It looks immaculate yet it's quite old.
  3. jailbait

Downhill vs Freeride vs Justride

buuuuump :rolleyes:
  4. jailbait

07 noco bigfoot

Everyone in this thread hassled you, learn how to interact with other human beings, forum etiquette, English (grammar, punctuation, sentence structure etc.) then try again. Thank you.
  5. jailbait

07 noco bigfoot

This thread sucks.
  6. jailbait

sick of Pedals, New ones?

I have no idea about anyone else but when my pedals lose pins it generally strips out the thread and makes it completely impossible to replace them. I have Easton Flatboys on my hardtail, they'd be around $130AUD I think, they're sealed, strong, extremely grippy and have damping thingies to...
  7. jailbait

Atomlab General issue 10x135 rear hub, any good?

It's going on a Keewee Progressor and I'll probably lace it to a Mavic EX721 because I have two of them lying around.
  8. jailbait

Atomlab General issue 10x135 rear hub, any good?

I need to replace my rear hub on the cheap after destroying my old hub (rebranded DMR Revolver). Best option I can find is an Atomlab GI for $147NZD. Anyone had any experience with these, are they any good?
  9. jailbait

Swearword filter

The only way to keep the swear words, insults and poor language skills is to give everyone an interview before letting them have access. I think swear words should stay, like someone said they can be useful for expressing emotion and getting the point across, but we just need to warn/ban the...
  10. jailbait

Banshee Morpine - new photo!

Looks good. More pics man!
  11. jailbait

Silly Mistakes Others Can Learn From!

Make sure your chain isn't too long, it can get caught in the spokes destroying your derailleur, if riding a fully with a lengthening rear end make sure it's not too tight. BB thread is backward on the drive side. Keep your spokes tensioned well otherwise your rim wont last. Keep an eye on...
  12. jailbait

bighit

The FSR 4 bar linkage is really good too. Soo much better than a 50 million year old design like a Kona.
  13. jailbait

Keewee Progressor

Specs updated, X.9 shifter and derailleur in the post, will update pic soon :D 18.5 :P and I have no farkin' idea, wheels weigh a lot I guess, as does the frame. At least it's strong.
  14. jailbait

bighit

Stinkys are single pivot, Bighits are 4 bar. That should be enough for anyone.
  15. jailbait

Chain Length

This picture here, from the parktools website, shows what I was asking: Basically the angle that the derailleur cage should be when the bike is in first gear. The whole article is here.
  16. jailbait

how do rotors work

Yes however if you try braking fairly briskly on the road with an 8 inch on your bike then touching it, you will still burn your hand. I don't think you could go overboard in that respect.
  17. jailbait

Chain Length

Hey guys I've been having issues with my chain hitting my spokes and rim on my hardtail, I figured my chain must be too long. I've had it so the two pullys on the derailleur were about in line about vertically when the bike is in first gear (it's 9 speed only). I would guess that is too short...
  18. jailbait

high rollers vs minions

HRs seemed a lot faster to me, but over all I liked Minions better, the cornering and front wheel braking bite is fantastic. But they don't shed mud unless it's really wet. I'd go for HRs on trails, Minions for full on DH courses.
  19. jailbait

Hey Zyphryss, I befriended you so I don't forget who you are. I'll definitely be keen to go riding in Perth early next year, I'll PM you for their details then! Also, I need the strong wheels, anything less and they explode. Maybe I need to get smoother. I love Banshees too, I think if I ever...
  20. jailbait

Damn 17kg is pretty good. I have this and it comes to 18.5. :( Bet that rides nice, great to see others out there with hardcore hardtails. :D Everyone seems to be going fully these days. :(