Search results

1. dh911

The Fixie Thread

just wondering if anyone has had issues with chainring bolts coming loose? i'm running my fixie left-side drive but i don't see how that could be an issue. is there a better solution than just putting loc-tite on the bolts?
  2. dh911

The Fixie Thread

hey does anyone know on here if the guys from gearbris have RB/farkin accounts? or anyone else for that matter. i'm gonna be in bris for a few days in mid aug and keen for a fixie ride (i'm bringing my bike). let me know
  3. dh911

The Fixie Thread

ah good to know, thanks bdstorer. also does anyone know where to buy coloured spokes??
  4. dh911

Fixie Riders in Tasmania???

Just a general post to any fixie riders in tasmania? There doesn't seem to be many/any....
  5. dh911

The Fixie Thread

thought i'd post up my ride, it's an old mcbain frame/fork, sugino cranks,a 1980's ex hire bike from the local velodrome, picked up 3 for $100, can't go wrong eh? Painted myself (can't you tell), want to get a proper paintjob but waiting till i decide a cool scheme. On a slightly more...
  6. dh911

The Fixie Thread

the suicide setup can be made a little "safer" if you put a threadlock glue (I use loctite) on both the cog and the lockring. I skid all the time and it hasn't come undone yet. Although I'm currently waiting for my track hubs to be built to the new wheels so it's sort of a tempory setup. I don't...
  7. dh911

new groupset for bike

8. dh911

Bicycle computer jargon

the reason alot of people (including myself) use cadence to monitor pedal revolutions is because a higher cadence (approx 90-110 RPM) gets rid of lactic acid in the legs, meaning that you recover slightly as you ride. Pushing a big gear up a hill takes alot out of your legs, and keeping above...
  9. dh911

NSW Sold

Just wondering if you had a picture of the flat spot? Cheers
  10. dh911

Track Hub/wheel Rear

I'm trying to hunt down a 700c track wheel for the rear, or even just a track hub 32H for the rear. must be track though, for a fixie. It's on the cheap so not more than $50 for a hub or $100 for the whole wheel. cheers
  11. dh911

let or right hand drive.

be REALLY original...leave the RHD hub on, turn it around, and pedal backwards everywhere....... hahah
  12. dh911

Tdu 09

I think it's a great opportunity for the younger aussie up and coming riders (cue cam meyer, bobridge, sulzberger etc) to get their names out there and kick start their year with a good tour. I'm just grateful that we at least have such an event like this, and hopefully things can only get...
  13. dh911

Tdu 09

Allan Davis.. Tour Down Under 09 Champion! good work to a top rider and top team.
  14. dh911

NSW old road bike now sold

still for sale mate?nice looking bike, are the dropouts semi-horizontal? (I can't quite see in the pic) Cheers.
  15. dh911

Tdu 09

Just wondering, does anybody know if Lance is going to auction his one-off custom trek madone frame after the TDU? Sorta makes sense if he did, good way to raise money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. No doubt someone is willing to fork out big bucks for it....
  16. dh911

Best times up mt nebo???

just wondering what peoples quickest times up Mt Nebo are? Going up mt Nebo road from the gap to the little cafe at the top. I did it in 1:18 from southbank this morning but wondering what's a good time?
  17. dh911

Tdu 09

I read on the cyclingnews site that apparently UCI regulations require the team to have one jersey for the riders for the whole season, however they can pay a "fine" to ride in different colours, but as mentioned it would not be beneficial to Astana for Lance to ride in his Livestrong kit. As...
  18. dh911

Post Your Roadie !

Here are the pics of my new roadie (i posted the specs a few pages back but didn't put pics) basics: EMC2 Etape Team Bontrager X-lite Carbon Aero Tub's Shimano Ultegra SL
  19. dh911

QLD SOLD PLEASE DELETE!Specialized Allez Comp full ultegra PRICE DROP!! PICTURES NOW UP!!

yet another bump...c'mon guys make me an offer haha