Search results

1. C

glenworth valley bike park

hey guys, how do you think this will go?? shall we try to organise something when it comes up? i have moved from central coast to south west sydney but keen to get back on the downhill bike, been a long ten years i've owned her and i want to up my skills lol
  2. C

saints bleed went wrong?

ok guys this one has completely stumped me. i bled my saints about a month ago and they worked fine straight after, i took the pads out and put the bleed block in and the disc and wheel was nowhere near where i was doing the bleed, i wiped it clean and everything and now the front brake does...
  3. C

Where to buy mineral oil (bleeding saints)

Hey guys and girls I have been calling everywhere local (moto shops, bunnings[my actual work] pirtek and everywhere between and no one has mineral oil brake fluid. Aside from one guy that has it in 20 litre bottles haha. So once and for all where do we buy this stuff? Cheers castlo
  4. C

NSW inter-uni???

is there such a thing? I ride downhill, and was wondering is there such a thing at the moment? between universities of NSW. if not, how could you possibly start one? cheers castlo
  5. C

USD forks vs. normal forks

After an intenet seach and a seach on RB too i found not much answeing my question, im after all the weights of the 2011 8 inch travel forks. im after something coil spring or USD air sprung under 3.2 kgs preferably kaishma and white lowers
  6. C

fox's new coating

hey guys and girls, has anyone has any sort of experience with fox's new coating on their stanchions?? im thining of upgranding to the 40's on my rotec with that coating on them, is there any signifiant performance boost from it compared to the 2010 fox 40's?
  7. C

Cleaning

hey guys just wondering how far you strip your bike down (if at all) after a race to clean and keep her running like a gem? cheers
  8. C

how much would u pay?

How much would you pay for a set of 2008 888 rc3's? No stanchion scratches, only a rare few on the lowers from shuttles, a long steerer at 215mm aswell, look pretty mint too. only been on about 15 shuttle runs and one race weekend. pics below :) im just wondering coz im thinking of...
  9. C

spray guns

i had a quick look and i couldnt find what spray guns people have used to spray frames with. so therefore inlies the question, what spray guns have people used?
  10. C

spring

hey guys and girls, is there anyone out there that runs a powdercoated rear spring? im thinking about doing this to match a possible upgrade onthe front forks, gripsport said it'll be fine, but before i go slashing cash does anyone have any feed back?? cheers castlo
  11. C

lighter forks for downhill

hey guys atm im running the 2008 888 rc3's, and they weigh something like 3300 grams, i know there are lighter forks out there (been lookin at the 2011 fox), which come in at an allegid 3090 grams. the point is my bike feels front end heavy, this my bike here...
  12. C

NSW 2007 kona coiler - SOLD Please remove

Item: 2007 KONA COILER 6" travel medium frame (17 inch) but im just on 6 foot and it fits me fine, Location: Gosford NSW Item Condition: respectable, scratches as usual from shuttles, last of the coiler freeride frames Reason for selling: no longer needed and i need the money Price and...
  13. C

SHIMANO SLX (front and rear) SOLD, please remove

first of all i had them as sold but the sale didnt happen to a mate so they are up again. thats why they are up again Item: Shimano SLX hydro brakes, front and rear (2X six inch spacers and a 8 inch spacer to suit), inclusve of all bolts, plus a spare set of half used pads, and essentially...
  14. C

NSW Shimano SLX (front and rear) SOLD

Item: Shimano SLX hydro brakes, front and rear (2X six inch spacers and a 8 inch spacer to suit), inclusve of all bolts and the red blocks you put in to keep the pads apart during wheeless transport, and a spare set of springs aswell. Location: Gosford Item Condition: Used, has been used...
  15. C

DH This Is How I Ride... Rotec

Frame - Med. 2009 Rotec Rl9 Rear shock - Rockshox Vivid 5.1 Front shock/fork - 2008 888 RC3's Handlebars - Atomlab Wide Opens 750mm - black Stem - FSA Gravity DH 40mm - black Headset - FSA Orbit Z1.5R Grips - Jet Black Lock On's Black/Red Saddle - FSA CPRO black with titanium rails...
  16. C

Saint Vs. SLX

hey guys and girls, this ones refering to the downhillers, i have a set of shimano SLX's, are these going to be any good for downhill or will i be experiencing alot of brake fade and not enough power (only two pistions)?? I have money for saints, but i dont want to splash the cash before i...
  17. C

a2z Teppan Yaki sp4

hey guys and girls, I've done a search numerous times both on here and google and came up short. Im getting anew frame and everything pretty much new, but aside from that, im going into downhill and i was wondering does anyone have any feedback or reviews on the teppan yaki sp4 (the wavey...
  18. C

transition dirtbag

hey guys, and girls atm i have a kona coiler from 2007, with 2008 888 rc-3's a blackspire guide and shimano 8 slx hydro brakes accompanied with 8 inch G-3 cleansweeps. Anyway im looking at upgrading my frame preferably to a new frame, any ideas on how well the transition dirtbag...
  19. C

Jet Black sawblades thoughts

hey guys and girls, i got a kona coiler, 2008 888 RC3's, and i do alot of northshore syle singletrack and downhill runs and im putting shimano brakes on, pretty sure the deore XT's, well i got the jetblack sawblade looking discs and they seem to work ok with the hayes nines, not the best...
  20. C

marzocchi bombers

hey guys and girls i got a few questions, i have a set of 07 marzocchi drop off's, just the entry level stuff, i got the gooseneck off and the spacers and everything, then i got to what i think is a ball bearing set for the pivot, im not too sure, i want to get this set off and put a set of...