Search results

1. W

Adjustable Seat Posts

I have both currently, Reverb which is near new and an 18 month old Joplin. Joplin is best. After 18 months of flogging the guts out of it the main internal valve shagged out. 2 Year warranty so it's being fixed right now. I bought a Reverb to pass the time between and thought it would be...
  2. W

CB Joplin post issues (4" version)

My 3" has the same issue and is about to go back to the local distributor. From what i can make of it, it has blown an internal valve or seal and is something that is non serviceable from your own end as it has a nitrogen charge. I just got a new Reverb today and first ride tonight it shagged...
  3. W

Frames with a 135x12mm axle

Transition Blindside, 150mm rear end but needs a 135x12 rear hub to suit.
  4. W

Sick Crankbrothers Joplin 4

I'd try a lighter oil weight mate... 15 Is pretty heavy going. I even have used hydraulic jack oil in mine and that works a treat, its like 5-10 weight equivalent and its cheap from an automotive store, also works for shimano brakes as its a mineral oil.
  5. W

DH Tassie Results

It's funny how so many people love to make calls on how so and so is so much better than Troy etc all the time and even funnier that the little guy just rides his bike and consistently smokes everyone...
  6. W

LifeCycles DVD.

I can't understand how you would not love and enjoy this film. You must have no understanding of creativity. The way the film makers have thought this whole thing through and planned the project and then executed it is incredible. It captures just how beautiful riding mountain bikes is. If you...
  7. W

The bleed process or installing new oil is a little more complicated but not super difficult, if it is too low on oil you will find that it will become essentially like suspension when the post is fully extended. They actually take a fair amount of oil inside them, i cant remember exactly but it...
  8. W

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=665698 All you need right there mate. They are super easy to fix. All you have going on is a bunch of crud in the main sleeve by the sounds of it. Take the seat off first of all, then undo the cable. Using a 10mm socket with a long extension remove the...
  9. W

How much have you been able to haggle the 2011 Giant Trance X1 down to?

Not getting at least 15% discount on a Giant is like paying above RRP, every man and his dog sells them! Plus the only thing they sell on is the cheap price! Play your cards right and some idiot will be selling it to you for wholesale, play them off against one another and you'll be set mate.
  10. W

XC all mountain help

Remedy without a doubt. Such a versatile bike that is so capable of everything but especially if you have a DH background, this is your bike. Pricing on them is very good for 2011 also. Just buy one and get out in the dirt and start loving it...
  11. W

Trek Session 88 DH

Have to be the best looking DH bike going around. Whereabouts did you get it?
  12. W

Giant Clearouts?

Don't they just go on sale as soon as they are released? I mean they always make way to many of them, have way to many dealers and plus no one really wants to have one anyway so the dealers only way to get rid of them is to give them away right?
  13. W

Would you call this all mountain?

Mate check out some of the Gary Fisher Roscoe's on Bike Exchange right now. They are super similar to the Trek Remedy and ridiculously cheap too. Well worth a look!
  14. W

City Jumps Adelaide <- Updated 22nd of Dec, pg. 10

Loser. Get off your arse and do some digging of your own or just get a set of nuts. Don't expect others to do everything for you and hold your hand at the same time.
  15. W

Agressive all mountain bike for a big guy?

Gary Fisher Roscoe. Super similar to the Trek Remedy but right now a whole lot more affordable. For a big guy especially with a DH background you will love it, massively low standover height and very capable on the descent's but a great climber still. Check out some of the deals going on them at...
  16. W

young teenager wanted a simple record

I don't know what is more annoying, your dumb mates yelling in your video or your complete lack of brains in general. You know one thing that always gets peoples attention, when you go out and do something without talking a bunch of bullshit on the internet or to anyone in general. Shut the hell...
  17. W

commencl supreme dh 2010 vs craftworks s1 2010

They're both junk.
  18. W

DB: Cory on Giant

Man bring on Blue Range again for sure... Probably one of the best tracks raced on in AUS. The old course was amazing, lets hope to see the new one get used on the national calendar soon...
  19. W

World Cup World Cup DH #4 Results - Champery

Well done to Troy, what a great result. So much for knuckle head Neko Mullaly doing well on such an "easy" track. Give Troy a few more races and i reckon he could just pull something stupid out of the bag and suprise a lot of people!
  20. W

2011 Trek Session 88

It looks cool enough but you cant really top the '09, still the hottest looking DH bike going...