Search results

1. PINT of Stella. mate!

Careful now!

Kangaroo Jaidyn Stephenson fractures hip in bike trick gone wrong (theage.com.au)
  2. PINT of Stella. mate!

Potential trail opportunities in VIC?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/wild-weather-reignites-calls-for-underground-power-lines-20210618-p5826o.html Those underground cables will need a fair bit of clearing for the trenches and access for maintenance and whatnot. Is it a potential opportunity for a bit of trail advocacy?
  3. PINT of Stella. mate!

Whistler questions

Well, I'm finally getting to pop my Whistler cherry! I'll be packing up my trusty Rallon and heading there at the end of May. I've just a few questions regarding transport and accommodation. 1. Has anyone used any of the shuttle bus services from Vancouver? Are they good value for money? Is it...
  4. PINT of Stella. mate!

The Orb (Orbea Rallon with white bits)

Just realised in my long hiatus from the burn that I've not added any of my recent rides to PYR. Well, I'm back at work and it's either waste time on here or go bake outside in the Pilbara sun so here's my #1 bottom-bitch (Apologies for the vulgarity. I've been watching a lot of The Deuce...
  5. PINT of Stella. mate!

Bright road trip Pit Stop ideas

Looking to hit up Bright for a couple of days next leave but seeing as it's just over a 5 hour drive I'm looking to break the journey up with a fun short loop or two that aren't too far out of the way. We'll be heading up from Phillip Island so probably driving past Kinglake / Healesville. I...
  6. PINT of Stella. mate!

Quick photoshop/colour change request

Hey folks. Just brainstorming a bike build and I'm wondering if anybody out there with a simple editing program would be able to do me a massive favour and do the following juggernaut-pokers to the below image: Change the Enve logos so that they are 1x red, 1 x white, 1 x blue on each wheel...
  7. PINT of Stella. mate!

Car ports

Looking to erect some kind of sail cloth over the driveway - enough to cover two cars and protect them from the sun, birdshit etc. Problem is it gets pretty damn windy where I live so it needs to be pretty secure. A quick Google has thrown up everything from Bunnings(el cheap I option) to...
  8. PINT of Stella. mate!

POSM's (belated) epic MTB road trip diary (USA, UK and a little bit of europe)

So a couple of months ago (May) I set off back to Scotland for a family wedding and thought I'd pack my new(ish) bike with me and do a bit of a road trip on the way. I intended on keeping a running diary kind of thing with nightly updates but things happened (pubs, mostly) so it fell by the...
  9. PINT of Stella. mate!

You're The One For Me, Fatty!

It's my go-to bike for riding locally (there's a lot of sand near me) - 2015 Specialized Fatboy. I've actually had this bike a while now but as I bought it secondhand and it already came with a bunch of additional components (Bluto fork, Carbon bar, dropper post, etc.) it never truly...
  10. PINT of Stella. mate!

Cracked 29er rim - Stans pulling shenanigans?

So a mate of mine has had an issue with one of his 29er rims. A circumferential crack appeared all the way round his rear rim (Stans ZTR), running through the centre of the inside wall. Unfortunately I don't have pics and haven't seen it myself as he sent it off to be replaced under warranty as...
  11. PINT of Stella. mate!

Passportes Du Soleil

Anyone done it before? Any tips? Recommendations? Favourite watering holes? Anyone doing it this year? I have to cut short my trip home by a couple of weeks so Megavalanche is off the cards however PDS fits perfectly in the last weekend before I head back to shitey Melbourne Winter.
  12. PINT of Stella. mate!

Moab next May

Anyone going to be around? Doing a road trip across the states and hitting up Moab for 4 or 5 days. Also looking to grab an extra riding trip somewhere in Europe during June. Thinking Slovenia or Italian Alps but really fancy Iceland (expensive though)
  13. PINT of Stella. mate!

FiveTen stockists Melbourne

Taking the bus up to the big smoke today. Thought I might have a mosey around for a new pair of casual 5:10s whilst I'm there. Who's currently stocking them in the CBD/Inner city?
  14. PINT of Stella. mate!

Fight of the century (21st if we're being pedantic)

So, Mayweather or Pacquaio? Heart wants Pacquaio, head says Mayweather. Either way i haven't been this excited for a fight since second year in high school when Rory Chalmers chinned that wanker Scott McPherson in the field behind the Tims' church!
  15. PINT of Stella. mate!

Mixing music for a muppet with a mac

Anyone know of any cheap, simple-to-use music-mixing programs for OS/X? All I'm looking to do is make up a few playlists for the gym, riding etc that don't have massive jarring cuts or pauses between tracks so any program that will hold my hand and do all the beat matching with an easy...
  16. PINT of Stella. mate!

Singapore - Southern Malaysia MTB

I might be heading over to Singapore/Malaysia in a couple of months and I'm wondering if there are any decent areas for riding? I've only got a day or two in Johor Behru for a training course and i was thinking about extending my time over there to a week or two and taking my bike. Are there any...
  17. PINT of Stella. mate!

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

Dunno about you lot but I've had an eye on this whole Germanwings air crash tragedy and it now seems like the co-pilot was suffering from serious depression, following the discovery of torn-up sick notes and other evidence (they've not elaborated but I'm thinking an iTunes library stock full of...
  18. PINT of Stella. mate!

AM Custom titanium frame - 'The Barracuda'

Greetings comrades! After what seems to have taken an absolute age (I initially ordered the frame back in April of last year), I've finally built this pinko commie bastard up! The frame is made by Triton bikes in Moscow and the whole daft submarine motif is down to my having watched...
  19. PINT of Stella. mate!

How the hell do I get this blasted thing to run top-pull?

Shimano XT M-781 Front derailleur. Instructions were not supplied (or possibly lost) online seems to be no help. Thing seems to be rigged up for down-pull at the moment. How do I change this (apparently it can 'swing both ways')?
  20. PINT of Stella. mate!

What would be your last meal?

Was pondering this last night as I was making myself a late night snack and it's now crossed my mind again because it's 15min till smoko and I'm starving. If shit went all pear shaped and you wound up on death row, what would your last meal be? I've gotta say it would have to be the humble...