VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

GR8M8

Squid
Unfortunately Cressy is too dangerous for me without wearing full armor. I rode down four times over the weekend & decided I didn't have the confidence to ride it hard. Yes I know I could walk the difficult parts (for me) but I like to race a race not just endure one. On my 3rd trip down I hit a rock badly on my rear wheel and broke it in half. It was a good Bontranger Carbon fiber wheel. In hindsight I should've had more air in it to survive such a hit. I ride fast and aggressively and I accept that at times I will come off the bike, and I don't mind going home a bit sore, but Cressy offers a good opportunity for broken bones and ambulance ride.

Last edited:

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Wheres the rudeness? Did you seriously miss the part where I was clearly responding in jest to a comment of Timberly's? Or are you just jumping on the 'lets claim to be offended by everything Moorey says' bandwagon? If so, I apologise, but not for what you might think I should be apologising for... :eyebrows:

I have a other commitments and priorities at this point in my life, but when I can, I plan to return to an active role within our local club. Believe me, I know all about spending every spare moment preparing for an event, and the whole weekend setting up at sunrise and packing up in the dark. I appreciate as much, if not more than most people what you guys/girls are doing to run the event, and the assumption that I don't know and don't care what is involved is quite simply, rude.

Why do you have to try to drag more of this up again, when the thread was heading in such a positive and productive way? I hope to see you on the weekend. Please say 'hi' if you get a chance. Its looking like being a great event at a venue that NEVER disappoints. Lets leave it at that.
Hey Moorey, if it helps, I have not once been offended by a post of yours, and almost always amused. I fear my sense of humour is as warped as yours. I think you are just Rotorburn's version of that slightly odd uncle you have at every family get together, getting drunk, dancing badly, and telling truly awful jokes (usually forgetting the punch line).

Hope you are not offended by this.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Wheres the rudeness?
I didn't see it either but I've read enough of your posts to understand your sense of humour a bit so I have that in my favour. Maybe your new title as e-thug coupled with avatar is pre-empting some opinions of you? :smash:

Knut

Troll hunter
Can we get back on topic? This is an interclub mountain bike series not a "Shire" series.

Knut

Troll hunter
Yeah, if I can get over this flu! Spent all weekend in bed. Hearing about how good the trails were was a great relief though.

Would have liked to get out there and have a praccy, but my lungs would have given up. Looking forward to it eh? The 3 Stage is the best. Makes me laugh when I remember when someone said to me that the concept wouldn't attract any more than 20 riders. We showed em. The look on peoples faces after the day is pretty amazing. What about you?

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
Where do I find a timetable for Sunday? How does the day get run? When's it all likely to wind up?

Just trying to convince my support crew to come along :cheer2:

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
3pm

Where do I find a timetable for Sunday? How does the day get run? When's it all likely to wind up?

Just trying to convince my support crew to come along :cheer2:
Race Day Information:

How to get to the Stockyards? Checkout the map here

Registration will be open from 8.30-10am (Dirt Squirts from 8.15am). On the day entrants - please print out this entry form and bring it along on the day

9am - Dirt Squirts race

10.30am - Main Event Starts
1) Individual Time Trial - each grade will have its own course - course maps here
2) Cross Country Olympic - 8km lap, A grade 4 laps, B grade 3 laps, Women & C grade 2 laps - course map here
3) Cross Country Criterium - a dirt crit (approximately 15-30mins)

event page http://www.gmbc.com.au/events/events.html

hope to finish around 3pm
.TT starts at 10.30, 100 riders going off at 30 sec intervals. TT
about 6- 7 mins for C grade and 17 - 20mins A grade.

XCO a bit over an hour (A grade 17 min a lap X 4 laps ) (C grade 30 mins a lap X 2 laps)
Crit. 15-30 mins X 3 grades C grade go off first .

Presentation 3 stage races, then for Series prizes, and Cup Cup at 3pm should be fun to see which club wins Club Cup. Ballarat 8 p0ints a head in the comp.

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
XCO a bit over an hour (A grade 17 min a lap X 4 laps ) (C grade 30 mins a lap X 2 laps)
Here's hoping someone pre-rode the correct course this time to get these estimated lap times :D

GMBC's stage race is usually a good full day out. You'll get ample time between events to cool down before going out to smash yourself again. I've ridden a bike a whole one time since the last InterWinter round, so completely expect to be smashed by the top of the XCT climb. Go, go gadget fitness!

33 Entrants at the moment - that's about on-par with what we had Tuesday before our event. Come on people, stop looking at the forecast and get on it. Challenge is down to see if they can break 91 pre-entries... given that ClubFGP are last in the club points/standings, maybe we should ask for some points there ;D

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
correction re times

Here's hoping someone pre-rode the correct course this time to get these estimated lap times :D

GMBC's stage race is usually a good full day out. You'll get ample time between events to cool down before going out to smash yourself again. I've ridden a bike a whole one time since the last InterWinter round, so completely expect to be smashed by the top of the XCT climb. Go, go gadget fitness!

33 Entrants at the moment - that's about on-par with what we had Tuesday before our event. Come on people, stop looking at the forecast and get on it. Challenge is down to see if they can break 91 pre-entries... given that ClubFGP are last in the club points/standings, maybe we should ask for some points there ;D
woops sorry just re checked .

TT time Trial C grade 6- 7mins
TT time Trial B grade 8 10mins
TT time Trial A grade 16 -20mins up Lactic down trav's

XCO B grade rider doing it at about 24mins per lap. therefore 17 min for A grade / 30 mins for C grade (per lap ...2 laps c grade = 1 hour ,## 4 laps A grade 68 -72 mins))

Last edited:

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
It will be big

Just had a look at the entry list, 35 series plus 45 round 4 means 80 people have entered.
Given that another 20+ will enter on the day means there will be over 100.
It will be big, roll on Sunday, can't wait.

Knut

Troll hunter
Well done to all of the race crew for enduring the less than favorable conditions and marking the three courses today. Special mention to Benzimo for doing it with a cold. And of course the swearing bear.

.stu.

Likes Dirt
Fantastic event, thanks to everyone who helped out, I had a great day out and so too did everyone I spoke to. Great courses, exciting format and a really slick event by GMBC, well done.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Fantastic event, thanks to everyone who helped out, I had a great day out and so too did everyone I spoke to. Great courses, exciting format and a really slick event by GMBC, well done.
+1 on stu's comment. A super enjoyable day! Watching the a-graders race the crits was super exciting!!