Bargain buys thread

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Or it is also possible my memory failed me.
Let's give you the benefit of the doubt, Sun Ringle's website must be wrong! Or they've changed the profile as you say. No matter if it's 21 or 22.8, I wanted something wider anyway.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Reid 24" Fat Bike

So I was thinking of hooking my 9yo son up with one of these:

https://www.reidcycles.com.au/reid-titan-24-fat-bike.html

He's not really into mtb with a passion, but when I do coax him away from the ipad and take him out with me for a ride he does enjoy it, albeit on shitty kmart bikes. I figure the novelty of a fat bike might at least encourage him go riding more, and the big fat tyres would help him get up and over trail features that a 20" or 24" standard bike would struggle with. For this sort of money, a kids hardtail would be fairly ordinary and not much better than the cheap bikes he's on now.

Anyone have any comments or criticisms of this idea? Or Reid bikes in general?

Cheers.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I don't like them, I've worked on a couple of Reid bikes and they aren't much better than a supermarket bike. That being said it's only $350 dollars and he will either grow out of it before it's dead or kill it before the warranty runs out..

Slightly off topic.

Rotor-brains trust, what is your experience with shipping and handling times from bike24?

I ordered a few items on Monday, all items instock, however they still do not appear to have been dispatched, roughly 48 hours since i ordered.

I went with the standard shipping option.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Slightly off topic.

Rotor-brains trust, what is your experience with shipping and handling times from bike24?

I ordered a few items on Monday, all items instock, however they still do not appear to have been dispatched, roughly 48 hours since i ordered.

Got pikes a couple of years back, and spokes, nipples and rims last year. Both time it took about a week and a half, but the DHL (kraut postal service, not the courier co) didn't update at all until after I actually had the items in hand.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slightly off topic.

I ordered an m8000 groupset about 6 months ago. Got shipped through German dhl. Took forever, i was waiting for 5 weeks. Did arrive in perfect condition though and the price was cheaper than anywhere else.

moorey

call me Mia
2 sets of forks off them in the past. Both times arrived in about a fortnight. Packaging was a bit shabby, but they were safe and sound inside.

Last edited:

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slightly off topic.

I ordered an m8000 groupset about 6 months ago. Got shipped through German dhl. Took forever, i was waiting for 5 weeks. Did arrive in perfect condition though and the price was cheaper than anywhere else.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Should have ordered them at the same time. Would have saved you a minimum of 5 weeks wait :first: