Bargain buys thread

Ideate

Not really a bargain.. but just incase someone is thinking about buying Hope brakes, Merlin have 10% off a the moment. I always thought CRC was about the right price for everything.. but turns out Merlin is actually cheaper on a lot of things, including tyres!

How long does Merlin's free shipping usually take?

crc.jpg

VS

merlin.jpg

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Bought several items from Merlin, from memory items were here within a week.

Was going to grab a set of the Tech 3 E4 but black only and I was after red. CRC are getting more expensive while the others are getting cheaper!

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Not really a bargain.. but just incase someone is thinking about buying Hope brakes, Merlin have 10% off a the moment. I always thought CRC was about the right price for everything.. but turns out Merlin is actually cheaper on a lot of things, including tyres!

How long does Merlin's free shipping usually take?

View attachment 327142

VS

View attachment 327143
I got my Saints in a week Ideate but paid for express $20 extra. worth it though as they turned up in time for Threddy.

Merlin is great specially when they have sales, got my saints AND the ice rotors for under $400 landed express

Ideate

Even if you paid for express on these Hope's, you'd be saving $95 going with Merlin. I've never used them for some reason.. but I will from now on. Cheers Guysis!

shiny

Also on Merlin,

Magura MT7's (317aud a set) and MT5's (158aud a set), the only difference I could see comparing MTt's to 7's is 5g and no bite piont adjustment.

Ordered some MT5's, awesome price for brakes I don't need.

https://www.merlincycles.com/magura-mt5-next-disc-brake-90857.html

https://www.merlincycles.com/magura-mt7-next-disc-brake-90862.html
Also MT5's use a once piece brake pad versus four seperate pads of the MT7. Have been eyeing these off as well. Don't really need new brakes as my old Martas are still doing the job, but dang! that's a bargain.

EDIT: Snooze you loose, MT5's now sold out.

Last edited:

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Also MT5's use a once piece brake pad versus four seperate pads of the MT7. Have been eyeing these off as well. Don't really need new brakes as my old Martas are still doing the job, but dang! that's a bargain.

EDIT: Snooze you loose, MT5's now sold out.
From there website - Organic 9.1 Performance (4 Pistons 2 Pads) 8.1 Performance (4 Pistons 4 Single Pads)

They come with 2 pads? but are 4 an option, I'm thinking 4 leading edges are better than 2 for power?

Glad i didn't wait to buy a set if there sold out now, i would have gone MT7's but double the price.... meh.

shiny

From there website - Organic 9.1 Performance (4 Pistons 2 Pads) 8.1 Performance (4 Pistons 4 Single Pads)

They come with 2 pads? but are 4 an option, I'm thinking 4 leading edges are better than 2 for power?

Glad i didn't wait to buy a set if there sold out now, i would have gone MT7's but double the price.... meh.
Yes, you can run the MT7 4 single pads on the MT5s.

Been wanting to get the new Hope Tech 3 E4 but pricey, seen a few good deals on the MT7, should have grabbed the MT5. :fish:

Ideate

I got my Saints in a week Ideate but paid for express $20 extra...
I finally did it today. Hope V4's on their way! I'm not in a hurry though so I just chose free shipping. I'm interested to see how long Merlin free shipping takes though..

Order Date/Time: Friday 22nd April 2016 2:49am (their time)

Shimano XT M8000 Front And Rear Disc Brake Set AUD200

AUD200 delivered. Best price I could find. eBay sometimes can match.

Cracking price compared to what some folks are asking for used sets...

kand

Likes Dirt
Loose Screws 50% discount

Coupon Code for 50% off at LooseScrews.com on orders over $250 before the coupon is applied. The maximum order
pre-coupon allowable is $1000 for this offer. Limit 1 use per customer. Expires May 5th, 2016.

Here's the code:

Spectacular50