BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Australian Market maybe too small?
I reckon its the mainstream brands like Thule, Yakima etc... cater for those who think they need to be 100% legal with no grey area. Therefore nothing coming back on them with a rack that may possibly attract attention from the law.

The others like ISI, Singletrail, Shingleback, SpotX have realised the extra cost of lights and getting them engineered in so they are legal when carrying 4-6 bikes is a headache and most buyers of these racks don't care.

Spot X used to have lights then done away with them.

cammas

Seamstress
I also bought the same light bar from pushys and one point to note is that the side lights that illuminate the number plate don't protrude too much. What this means is that ideally you want the plate to sit flush with the backing as much as you can or it won't be lit. I only found out after I devised a setup that could easily interchange plates but then realised the light didn't work!

Other than that thing seems simple enough and works a treat.
Here’s some images of mounted but we just picked a new car yesterday so got to get a new number plate now.
IMG_9292.jpeg

IMG_9295.jpeg

IMG_9294.jpeg

IMG_9293.jpeg