Hows tassie in the last 12 months

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Ok so...it needs a few things to make it work.
1) airport shuttle.
2) good workshop for guests and a mechanic as well.
3) food...breakfast, lunch, dinner. Needs to cover the lot!
4) neighbourly relations need to be strong. We want their money too.
5) other than mainland cyclists, why are tasweigans going to visit? Do we need some sort of intrafamily marital equality? Or something else? We need to nail this too. Otherwise we will die as a seasonal business. Food, drink, music festival or three across the winter?
Needs to have a focus on local produce / wine / cider / spirits. Quality offerings across price points that cater to all. Food needs to be serious but not up itself. Quality, local, simplicity, respect.... These are the basic tenets that will provide successful trade both within the MTB fraternity, and outside. No short cuts!

It's an hour and a half from Hobart, do it right and custom shouldn't be a problem. Happy to offer a food and beverage consultancy for contra.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was thinking a gimmick was the go? Tasmania's biggest deep fryer maybe? Or a franchise...something catchy and easily recognisable across Australia at a minimum and maybe even globally...

Ironic font!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Needs to have a focus on local produce / wine / cider / spirits. Quality offerings across price points that cater to all. Food needs to be serious but not up itself. Quality, local, simplicity, respect.... These are the basic tenets that will provide successful trade both within the MTB fraternity, and outside. No short cuts!

It's an hour and a half from Hobart, do it right and custom shouldn't be a problem. Happy to offer a food and beverage consultancy for contra.
Bingo, Forrest and Bright are prime examples, both places bring this together extremely well. If they can keep locals churning in the quiet periods it'll be bonza. My concerns are winter time and what there is to do when they get the snow dump that can happen.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bingo, Forrest and Bright are prime examples, both places bring this together extremely well. If they can keep locals churning in the quiet periods it'll be bonza. My concerns are winter time and what there is to do when they get the snow dump that can happen.
You roll with it...or hopefully made enough while the sun was shining to cruise through to next season. Being adaptable is rather important. So is consistency. And a lot of other things. Any chance of living between a few locations rather than tying to one spot? Or are you unable to have that kind of flexibility?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
This was Ben Lomond in August. So definitely things to do in Tassie when it snows.

26823_b404ae7977fbb4a9fa64586758b5b164.jpg

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
All well and good for those who like the snow, grew up around it and it does nothing for some of us out there. Interesting that's an August dump, I wonder what potential seasonality they are anticipating.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
All well and good for those who like the snow, grew up around it and it does nothing for some of us out there. Interesting that's an August dump, I wonder what potential seasonality they are anticipating.
we had a bumper snow season this year, doubt it'll always be this good but it is Tasmania afterall.

But there'll always be Penguin MTB Park, Paloona and blue derby when the snow hits

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
we had a bumper snow season this year, doubt it'll always be this good but it is Tasmania afterall.

But there'll always be Penguin MTB Park, Paloona and blue derby when the snow hits
Aslong as there is trails somewhere or I'll have to find some new winter hobbies!

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Anyone know of anything cool going on down there at the moment? Heading down next week to see what's new!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Anyone know of anything cool going on down there at the moment? Heading down next week to see what's new!
Derby's riding well, a new loop in a the Penguin MTB park, Kelcey Tiers at Devonport has some new trails and the Meehan range near Hobart has a lot going on. Plenty more happening next year too. Derby Stage 2!, St Helens trail system, Maydena, Dial Range, Wild Mersey and more additions to Meehan Range.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
seems to be the winning the stakes at the moment, there is just as much work down there as down here at the surf coast, threw in the job in search of something new!

Markee

Likes Dirt
Anyone riding Derby 22nd and 23rd Dec?
I’m booked for Black Stump shuttles 22nd and 11am Blue Tier shuttle in 23rd.
Looking to fill in time between with a scoot down Trouty and maybe some others if time allows.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
I was thinking a gimmick was the go? Tasmania's biggest deep fryer maybe? Or a franchise...something catchy and easily recognisable across Australia at a minimum and maybe even globally...

Ironic font!
Tasmania's biggest beer glass.

no sissy half strength beers and no pansy ciders.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Anyone riding Derby 22nd and 23rd Dec?
I’m booked for Black Stump shuttles 22nd and 11am Blue Tier shuttle in 23rd.
Looking to fill in time between with a scoot down Trouty and maybe some others if time allows.
I might be up there on the 23rd in the afternoon unsure what I'll be riding at this stage. Might be big chook laps as I think that is riding the best at the moment though, so might not work out meeting up for a pedal.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk