Little Things You Hate

Jpez

Is bad
Are you really relying on a tape measure to have an accuracy within 1.5mm, presumably over a few metres?
On joinery grade timber yes. Doesn’t really matter if the tape is out as long as the same tape is used. In this I failed.
And with careful marking and cutting I can get a bees dick to quarter mm accuracy pretty easy.

Dales Cannon

Odious Geriatric
Staff member
On joinery grade timber yes. Doesn’t really matter if the tape is out as long as the same tape is used. In this I failed.
And with careful marking and cutting I can get a bees dick to quarter mm accuracy pretty easy.
African bee obviously. Same with any measuring stick though, don't chop and change. I have seen an in calibration 25mm micrometer read differently to an in calibration 50mm micrometer. Very close and for likely all purposes close enough but still different.

stirk

Wheel size expert
Are you really relying on a tape measure to have an accuracy within 1.5mm, presumably over a few metres?
Class 1 tape measures should be.
Class 2 maybe not

@Jpez are the tapes the same class?
I think they display Roman numerals to show what class they are.

Tape measure marking came up in my phone's feed the other day, diamonds show wall joists or beams spacing.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Class 2 maybe not

Tape measure marking came up in my phone's feed the other day, diamonds show wall joists or beams spacing.
Class 2 means the clip moves on the rivets from new.

Jpez

Is bad
Class 2 maybe not

Good question. Just the standard 8m lufkins which I always found pretty decent providing one reads the same as the next which is what’s important in my work.

I knew about classes of tapes in long distance ones but never considered for workshop tapes

Jpez

Is bad
Class 2 means the clip moves on the rivets from new.
I had a second year apprentice (builder provided) once that kept mis cutting by about 1mm. Got really annoying.
I then thought I’d check his tape against mine.
found that he’d hammered the riviets on the clip so there was no movement.
he thought it was a faulty tape.
Fark me.

FigBo0T

I had a second year apprentice (builder provided) once that kept mis cutting by about 1mm. Got really annoying.
I then thought I’d check his tape against mine.
found that he’d hammered the riviets on the clip so there was no movement.
he thought it was a faulty tape.
Fark me.
Should've used glue ....:p

stirk

Wheel size expert
Cowardly grubs, I see very sketchy people in that area all the time, lots of unemployed drug addicts. When they are walking toward me I'm mentally prepared to react and defend. I hate to say it but drugs are one thing but the cost of cigarettes is not helping their need to get more money at any opportunity. Cigarettes will probably cost more than ice!

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
LTIH but Big TIH

Old laptop Wind 7 got really slow last night, tried to do a turnback and it crashed which ended in a total reset. Now the fuckers have made wind 7 obsolete, nearly impossible to find all the drivers to make everything work again.

FigBo0T

LTIH but Big TIH

Old laptop Wind 7 got really slow last night, tried to do a turnback and it crashed which ended in a total reset. Now the fuckers have made wind 7 obsolete, nearly impossible to find all the drivers to make everything work again.
Happened to me back on XP. I've been on 10 for 3 years. Was a big update last night. Shit ran slow for hours. I hate MS so hard. I use prepaid data, and the cunts bleed me dry with constant upgrades (which are mostly about uploading our user data while making us pay) which cannot be stopped. I've tried every hack possible for 3 years. Had one 9 month period where I avoided them, but they disabled our ability to disable their bullshit. If it didn't owe me 2k this laptop would have been thrown down the driveway by now.
Fuck you Bill Gates. Seriously .... fuck you ...:mad: