Little Things You Hate

ademb

Likes Dirt
Only getting 6 runs in today in the bikepark cause my hand grip gave up the ghost, ahwell. Always tomorrow, or the next 2-1/2months to make up for it :D

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Being understaffed on one of the busiest nights of the year... how did a Saturday arvo shift turn into an 8.5hr frikkin night mare?!?!
Chic on chic fight was a plus though....

OTHER:

The fact that EVERY POST lately seems to end in:

'These new smileys are shit/gay'

Think we all got it already!!!

/rant

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BEING WOKEN UP AT 930 ON A FUCKING SUNDAY MORNING TO DRILLLING IN TEH BEAMS DIRECTLY BELOW MY ROOM AFTER ONLY FINISHING WORK AT 1AM (the fucking shittiest shift in ages, see above.)

Sir, kindly FUCK OFF!

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BEING WOKEN UP AT 930 ON A FUCKING SUNDAY MORNING TO DRILLLING IN TEH BEAMS DIRECTLY BELOW MY ROOM AFTER ONLY FINISHING WORK AT 1AM (the fucking shittiest shift in ages, see above.)

Sir, kindly FUCK OFF!
RAGE RAGE RAGE

it annoys me that even on the quietest days the shop always fills up as soon as you try to eat lunch haha

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
how did a Saturday arvo shift turn into an 8.5hr frikkin night mare?!?!
8.5? Pfft...you've got it easy. I photographed a 14 hour wedding yesterday that included an hour drive either way (16 total), a brawl between the brother and cousin of the bride, and 450 non-English-speaking guests...

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
8.5? Pfft...you've got it easy. I photographed a 14 hour wedding yesterday that included an hour drive either way (16 total), a brawl between the brother and cousin of the bride, and 450 non-English-speaking guests...
Hey I did my time on a minesite 14hr shift in 55 degree heat in a pub with broken air conditioning and NOT being able to drink while on shift (or we get fired). We'll call it even

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Is this where I say pics or it didn't happen?
I've got pictures (had 70-200 on at the time) but will refrain from posting. Professionalism, etc. It did make the rest of the day a little tense though, considering it happened right after the ceremony, before drinks had started...

Hey I did my time on a minesite 14hr shift in 55 degree heat in a pub with broken air conditioning and NOT being able to drink while on shift (or we get fired). We'll call it even
Na, you win. That would've sucked.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got pictures (had 70-200 on at the time) but will refrain from posting. Professionalism, etc. It did make the rest of the day a little tense though, considering it happened right after the ceremony, before drinks had started...

Na, you win. That would've sucked.
And just for icing on the cake? We ran out of 3 of the 6 beers on tap- coopers, dry and draught. :p you bet I win!!

taquar

Likes Dirt
Starting work at 1:30am, and the only couple of hours you had before said shift, involved a dream about the house being attacked by a polar bear... WTF?

TKITEZ

Likes Bikes
master chef, the block, the renovators... oh wait, all free to air tv!

nice open 4 lane roads that suddenly merge into only one each way while trying to carry a zillion cars morning, night and all weekend :mmph:

0psi

Eats Squid
And just for icing on the cake? We ran out of 3 of the 6 beers on tap- coopers, dry and draught. :p you bet I win!!
Is here were I bring up working 4 months without a day off averaging about 85hrs a week with a couple of 90+ hours weeks thrown in just for good measure?

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is here were I bring up working 4 months without a day off averaging about 85hrs a week with a couple of 90+ hours weeks thrown in just for good measure?
What on earth were you doing? I hope you were self-employed otherwise that sounds criminal!

Last edited:

Toff

Likes Dirt
Luxury! Pure Luxury! ..wait, haven't we been here before?

My first group assignment is due tomorrow. We have to present part of the lecture about Self Organisation. Needless to say, I am the only one with their work finished and ready. And I still have to hope that they email me their work so I can put the powerpoint together. It also doesn't help that they are all retards; so whatever work I get from them will suck. I even went to the trouble to find several sources of info for one of the guys who hadn't done anything and he just ignored it all. I didn't think working as a group would be so hard.

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Haha, this happened to me two weeks ago, 8am till 2am.. 18 hour day anyone ? It was also a greek/muslim wedding... Was worth it though.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
What on earth were you doing? I hope you were self-employed otherwise that sounds criminal!
Couple of guys I work with used to do 24hr shifts pretty regularly when they were heavy plant fitters on field service (earth-moving equipment mechanic pretty much). I think the record they had was a 33hr shift (most of which was >double time). Used to be able to get a weeks wages in 1.5days, ontop of the overtime they would do mon-fri.

If I was given the opportunity now, I would probably take it for a short while (get some money behind me).

Needless to say, it doesnt happen these days, as people would have a heart attack over the number of laws you would break.