Little Things You Hate

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Doesn’t mean it isn’t boring
exactly...just a target audience, I don't really like road cyclists attitude and self righteousness, but I will watch the TDF from time to time.
the likelyhood of a hardcore XC racer watching a DH race or vice versa is also remote..you like what you like

SummitFever

Eats Squid
People watch road racing because its the fastest human powered sport, involving staggering feats of speed and endurance. Now imagine that with motors. It would be the world's slowest motor sport (although it might still be faster than offroad ebike racing).

Once you put a motor on it its a motor sport. The fact that you still have to pedal just makes it the dumbest motor sport.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Seems a good time to watch that video of the E-bike race on a motor cross style course.. can't believe that didn't end the E initiative.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
People watch TDF because they think they’re supposed to. You know, it makes them cultured and shit.
I love the TDF. But fucked if I want to watch much of it. I usually don't even bother finding out how wins and when I do I usually dont know them anyway. It's just a great idea for a race and the images from it look real nice. Maybe I love the Instagram version of TDF, TDF lite...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
People watch road racing because its the fastest human powered sport, involving staggering feats of speed and endurance. Now imagine that with motors. It would be the world's slowest motor sport (although it might still be faster than offroad ebike racing).

Once you put a motor on it its a motor sport. The fact that you still have to pedal just makes it the dumbest motor sport.
Until you've ridden some of those roads in the Alps and Pyrenees you can't really appreciate how batshit crazy it is that someone can ride up a 10% gradient hill at close to 20km/h.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how batshit crazy it is that someone can ride up a 10% gradient hill at close to 20km/h.

S
On a hill that goes on further than i go for my holidays.
I get a kkck out of cyclocross races. No drafting or packs, just flat out all the time. Then just go get you out of any rhythm a hill of nud to run up or steps to get you off the bike. Kind of like the contrasts in biathlon, just seems made to be cruel.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Until you've ridden some of those roads in the Alps and Pyrenees you can't really appreciate how batshit crazy it is that someone can ride up a 10% gradient hill at close to 20km/h.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I have ridden some of those hills. Yes they're shit crazy long and (some) crazy steep. Took my fit self (back then) over 2 hours (or maybe more?) to finish them. These guys are charging up these mamooth mountains in like minutes??

I still watch TdF and other road race just for the scenery. Whether you are into road riding or not, you are crazy if you don't think those european alps are very pretty.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Stupid Q time. Short Ebike races, and races where they allow battery swap....is everyone just running Boost mode all the time?
couple of the xc races i’ve seen, i spoke to one guy who roughly knew how long his battery lasted, it was a 3hr, he had it in middle setting. he planned it to get him to the end, i presume at xco nationals - you run in full boost, cos it’s only 1 hr event..i tried some reading. no regulation about power settings yet it seems

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cooked dinner (again...). Maybe enough food for 2 meals. Somehow I feel like I used every pan in the house! I've or enough washing up to last me a week.

Still it was delicious.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男