Little Things You Hate

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Only of you choose to pay top dollar for the phone - this will do everything you need
I recently got a Samsung A71 since my old phone had overheated and wasn't the phone it used to be.
I don't care for super cameras and don't want wireless ear buds - I wanted a 3.5mm audio jack so fortunately I'm mid range.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
In some wonderful alternate universe, I could have put new RAM in my old 4S and Id still be happily using it...
Bought an 8 last year when my 5 year old 6S finally kicked the bucket, I find the iPhones tend to last well (allowing for a battery replacement after a few years). I've been hanging out for a smaller format phone again since I had to replace my 5 so similarly tempted by the 12 Mini, but will wait a year. The whole phablet thing is a nightmare, who wants a phone that doesn't fit in a pocket or allow comfortable one-handed use?

stirk

Burner
Bought an 8 last year when my 5 year old 6S finally kicked the bucket, I find the iPhones tend to last well (allowing for a battery replacement after a few years). I've been hanging out for a smaller format phone again since I had to replace my 5 so similarly tempted by the 12 Mini, but will wait a year. The whole phablet thing is a nightmare, who wants a phone that doesn't fit in a pocket or allow comfortable one-handed use?
I'm not going to ask why you need to use a phone one handed.....

Haakon

Keeps on digging
5+ years? Good effort. I got almost 4 years out of my S6 but it was a infuriatingly dribbling heap of battery discharging incontinence by the end. How'd you get so long out of yours?
My 4S was in service for over 7 years, original battery. Apple stuff sometimes works out not so expensive given their lifespans.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I got 6 from my 6S till I crashed on it and drowned in simultaneously.
I replaced it with the SE2 last year. Same size but faster.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
My 4S was in service for over 7 years, original battery. Apple stuff sometimes works out not so expensive given their lifespans.
I've got a... 5S (maybe) as my work phone but just not a fan. It's such a counterintuitive pos of an operating system if you're used to Android.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
5+ years? Good effort. I got almost 4 years out of my S6 but it was a infuriatingly dribbling heap of battery discharging incontinence by the end. How'd you get so long out of yours?
Mrs George has been steadfast Samsung for at least 8 years. It's only been her S10 that I've started to consider them stable.

Its only due to regional courier incompetence that I have an S20. Too much phone for my needs, but it does work nice

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I'm moved back to an iPhone SE (original) because it's less pissing about moving files etc when you have a Macbook and I'm getting an Apple Watch. Can't say I'm unhappy either!

Only downside is the camera is a potato compared to modern phones and battery is a bit shit. But working from home means that's ok with me.

But it still gets regular updates!

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Tech21 case with a glass screen protector... to be fair battery was replaced but it was an S4 so removable battery.
Missus has 4 years on her S7 edge and its still going strong.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sony...I churned through a lot of phones when I was taking kids mountain biking all the time. Then I got a Sony and it just kept on living! It was also an awesome phone + camera. It's best act of survival came in Japan as I used it for a follow cam in some trees. I hit a tree with it and it was launched into the snow. I managed to find it and it was still recording.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Errr samsung phones last 5 years+ piece of piss. stop buying Iphones....
I had (still have as emergency backup) a Samsung Galaxy Mini that is 10 years old. I guess it would now be considered a mildly clever phone, it's running such an ancient Android platform that a lot of newer stuff doesn't work on it. Battery life is crap 'cos it's so old & worn out, but it still does what it really needs to do.