New? Feel free to say g'day here.

Jonnysnow

Cannon Fodder
hello hello

hi all, new guy here obviously am just joining up to gather info on mtbs with like minded people. Oh yeh and and i got sick of the whinefest that pinkbike has become! hopefully i can contribute to the site. cher

sb234

Squid
A rider from oversea~

G'day mates!!

Halo~I'm Scott from Taiwan and I have ridden a little mix of dj and trail riding for more than 6 months. I am going to study at QUT in Brisbane this July~ Can't wait for the new life and the riding scene in Australia~ Btw, if there is anyone would guide me for any riding infos in Brisbane, I would appreciate sincerely. :eek:

Scott~

Mykie

Squid
Hey all, I'm Mike.
Im from the Central Coast, NSW
New to MTB. Have been a roadie for a few years, and was recently introduced to the Ourimbah XC track, and Awaba.
I am completely hooked! Just got a Scott Spark 60, and am on the bike very chance I have.

Looking forward to learning lots and hopefully contributing.

rodizle

Cannon Fodder
Hey im Mat
Im from Castle Hill Sydney. Im into dirt jumping at the moment.
Few guys im rolling around with have bought some GT chuckers.
Ive recently started building my own and found this website.
Ive been to Castle cove track and Castle hill bmx track which is pretty cool.
Hopeing i can find some new tracks on here

GDubb

Cannon Fodder
What's up ppls. (or g'day .... when in Rome...) wouldn't mind hitting the trails, but sunny QLD does nothing but rain on weekends, it's only nice when I'm at work!

jimble

Cannon Fodder
hello from the uk....

hi to everyone at rotoburn... really good to see that mtb'ing is as big over in auz as it is here in the uk... in the middle of a very cold wet and dark winter at the momement... nice and muddy... im bringing my family over there for a month or so in march and am hoping to sneak off for the odd day to try out some of your trail while we're over there, cant wait!!:cool:

cheers jim

sawbutt

Cannon Fodder
Newbie-sawbutt

Hello too all....! from sunny NSW
Hav'nt bort a new pushie since 1986, europa all alloy MB that is,myself and the wife are just street sweepers and recently got a Giant-Talon 3 for me and a mongoose tyax spport for the wife. will post a comparison on the two bikes soon.:cool:

Hi everyone, couldn't think of a better nick..Anyways I've been riding a Giant Yukon FX 08' for over a year now, and I think it's time to upgrade to something with better components very soon and this forum seems pretty cool..

There's some cool places to ride in Sydney, so far I've been riding in the Blue Mountains, Manly dam, a few other places..I might actually be heading out to Parramatta Lake Reserve this weekend to check it out as well..

Peace

_DANZ_

Squid
Hey guys,

stoked to be on-board!

Big shout out to all the dh/free riders around NE Vic. Anyone who's up for a ride/dig hit me up!

Good times ahead!

vicente

Squid
Gday bikers!

Hi guys,

I am Australian-French nationalities and was in France for the last 10years... I have been loving Downhill in France but now i m living in Sydney, i can t find some good spots. Any advices?

I came here with my Iron horse Sunday team and am thinking of buying a 4x4 (commencal absolut sx will be my favorite).

If any guys from Sydney read this post, please come and say hi, i would love to ride with you (dh / or heavy street)

cheers,
vincent

Hi from NQ

Hi everyone, I'm an old school mtbiker from Cairns getting back on it when time allows. The riding in cairns is epic at the moment and most of the DH tracks are in sweet condition (Kuranda never fails to be amazing!). If anyone wants to have a chat re riding in the Cairns area feel free to PM me.
Cheers

Sam gee

Squid
Look for a ride

Hey guys
My names sam and I was looking for a ride group in the next week to kinda show me the flow and feel of DH. I recently received a giant Reign X0. It's got awesome travel and I need to use it right. I am a beginner so if and kne is in the sydney area and keen reply and we will get a group up. I was thinking maybe Oxford Fall with an experienced rider at the front to be like a guide.

Cheers

doggus

Squid
Gday

Hey lads,

Newbie to downhill in Sydney north. Got a 06 Norco Atomik and was wondering how Oxford Falls is as a trail? i.e. big drop-offs etc vs relatively cruisy DH? It's the closest run to home, so was trying to get prepared....;)

Cheers

guysmiley

Cannon Fodder
G'day guys,

New to Rotoburn, returning to mountain biking after a fairly hefty hiatus.

Just started downhilling in the Canberra, on Mt Stromlo, realising that I need to get a better bike.

:)

stumenken

Cannon Fodder
Hi Burners,

Stumbled across this forum and thought i would join up.

I'm Stu, 32. I enjoy XC and like reading about bike gear.

Cheers

Hey lads, Sam here. Currently living up in Briscity, as much as I hate the place (I'm a country boy).

Was told by a guys yesterday about this site, so here I am.

Keeping my eye on the buy/sell forum for that something special I'm hoping pops up :D

leadz

Likes Bikes
As the title says... you're welcome to introduce yourself here. We wont bite :D
g'day my name is adam i ride dh my bike is a blue specialized big hit 2 i ride the you yangs must get to the dandenongs looks like fun.:)

Last edited:

dienamics

Likes Dirt
Hello hello

G'day all, my name is Scott, moved to Melbourne a few months back from NZ and I am on the hunt for some decent downhill runs. any help would be great. Cheers