Newly Released Bikes General

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, as @beeb said CNC and bolted together. There is a vid on their Insta of it being tortured in a test rig and it held up and no snap.
Real testing will happen in the trails. I’m not convinced, but that’s fine, I won’t be riding it. Looks like a bike you buy purely for show and Instalikes to me. Still pretty.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Jeez that’s harsh. My mate when we were about 13 came home to find all his Slayer and Destruction records smashed in the back yard by his seriously Christian mum and dad. She even rang Metal for Melbourne and gave them a serve for selling filth to minors.
Weirdly Kreator and Motörhead were left alone.
The worst I ever got was Mum telling me to turn off War of the Worlds because they were really stoned and kept imagining Martians coming over the hill…

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New Pyga, local manufacturing and 5000 euro for frame and shock :oops: Limited to 130 per year due to manufacturing capacities.

https://bikerumor.com/2021/09/03/eb...bon-xc-down-country-mtb-made-in-south-africa/

and talking of crazy prices, local prices for the Ibis Exie.

https://rowneysports.com/portfolio_page/ibis-exie/
I have no idea how many blunts were smoked during the pricing and product specifications meeting but that is just ludicrous.
$13,000 dingo micropesos for GX and Mt1900 wheelset?

I guess those Swiss finishing school fees won't pay themselves will they?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I have no idea how many blunts were smoked during the pricing and product specifications meeting but that is just ludicrous.

Many blunts and a few lines of MSG. Labeled as XT but is GX. Waiting for local price of the We Are One bike to see what crazy prices pop up there.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't get me wrong, I like a nice bike as much as the rest of us but the pricing / value is just not there.
I suspect it'll be $6k frame with Fox Performance shock. :oops:

K.C.

Likes Dirt

top spec Lux trail with XRC1200 is a steal, with a crash replacement frame or 2 still ahead. tempting

Jpez

Down on the left!
Don't get me wrong, I like a nice bike as much as the rest of us but the pricing / value is just not there.
I suspect it'll be $6k frame with Fox Performance shock. :oops:
And it’s just not that pretty. For that sort of money you want something that gets the juices flowing and I don’t think that’s it. That hump looks dated. Like canyon, NP Mega 3years ago dated.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
New Pyga, local manufacturing and 5000 euro for frame and shock :oops: Limited to 130 per year due to manufacturing capacities.

https://bikerumor.com/2021/09/03/eb...bon-xc-down-country-mtb-made-in-south-africa/

and talking of crazy prices, local prices for the Ibis Exie.

https://rowneysports.com/portfolio_page/ibis-exie/
That Pyga looks awesome.

I'll play devil's advocate for the Exie's pricing because I like arguing. Carbon frames are labour intensive af and unlike in South East Asia you can't just dump all your offcuts and other manufacturing inconveniences into the Mekong Delta. Could I justify it? No. But it's awesome they're giving it a go and hopefully the price will come down as they get more efficient and build economies of scale. Companies that are trying to build manufacturing capacity and knowledge and cut out the inefficiencies and heinous environmental costs of shipping shit around the world should be lauded imo.

TL/DR: it costs a shitload because it costs a shitload to make bikes in first world countries / rant

moorey

call me Mia
That Pyga looks awesome.

I'll play devil's advocate for the Exie's pricing because I like arguing. Carbon frames are labour intensive af and unlike in South East Asia you can't just dump all your offcuts and other manufacturing inconveniences into the Mekong Delta. Could I justify it? No. But it's awesome they're giving it a go and hopefully the price will come down as they get more efficient and build economies of scale. Companies that are trying to build manufacturing capacity and knowledge and cut out the inefficiencies and heinous environmental costs of shipping shit around the world should be lauded imo.

TL/DR: it costs a shitload because it costs a shitload to make bikes in first world countries / rant
They’ve got to you, man.. :(

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
That Pyga looks awesome.

Also made in California where from what I have read it’s costs a bomb to manufacture things. Good on them for giving it a crack. Weird for an Ibis not to be good looking, it doesn’t seem to flow as nicely as their other bikes. Interesting to see how it’s received.