Newly Released Bikes General

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I normally like their reviews too but that was rubbish. Sounded like a paid pink bike review. Bike is brilliant both up and down hill. The wafer thin chainstay wrap magically erased all noise. Bike is suited for any terrain on the planet.

:rolleyes:
I had to scroll through a lot of crap to get to the ride impression part, which was an extreme letdown.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
It's ok, @Oddjob can customise that fit issue right out of it
Listen to you bunch of pansies whining about how it won't fit a 200mm+ dropper. I'm the tallest out of the lot of you and my longest dropper is 180mm.

Anyway if you were actually 190cms+ tall it would be easier to stretch the wheel base and straighten that seat post. It's not the bikes problem that you lot are underfed midgets.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Listen to you bunch of pansies whining about how it won't fit a 200mm+ dropper. I'm the tallest out of all of the lot of you and my longest dropper is 180mm.

Anyway if you were actually 190cms+ tall it would be easier to stretch the wheel base and straighten that seat post.
But do they offer the option of not sending the seat-post straight into the rocker pivot? Custom geo doesn't automatically mean you can actually do logical things with the frame design...

PS: It's not our fault you can't afford full-length droppers. Maybe you need to underfeed yourself for a while to free up some dollars? :p

@The Reverend will be along to make you feel inadequate shortly.
Beat me to it...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I don't mind Enduro reviews, they're normally happy to point out the flaws in a bike (see the recent review of the GT Force for example).
I think Enduro would have to be one of the most frustrating MTB publications available. Their production budget is clearly through the roof and when they can be bothered they come up with unique ideas, great group tests and left-field feature articles that cover everything from glorious naked hedonism to surprisingly astute socioeconomic commentary. But then they get hold of a bike we've all been waiting quite some time for a review for, spend 90% of it regurgitating the press pack then 2 paragraphs describing how the thing actually f***ing rides. Lame.

Oddjob

You called? ;)

C'mon all, don't make me get the Wolf of Wall Street meme up.
240mm of drop and still nowhere near slammed to the collar.

Depending on my saddle, I get SETI signals through mine. :D
Have mercy on my stumpy legs!

The 180mm Revive is all that I need. My girth would do nasty things to a 240mm dropper.

Seriously though, it's difficult to say how big the dropper problem is without the the physical bike in hand. It looks like it has a low standover but that could be my positive confirmation bias.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
IOTE="moorey, post: 3495455, member: 1619"]
Yeah, there’s a lot getting around. Aesthetically me no like, but great bang for buck, and the people I know who have them, reckon they ride great.
They are opening a shop front at the base of the red hill trails in Dromana
[/QUOTE]
See plenty of them out that way and have heard people chatting about local distro but hadn’t bothered getting details. Guessing someone around Dromana/Red Hill has been importing. Ones I’ve seen have looked fine if somewhat generic.

Oddjob

Review of the Atherton AM150 which is positively glowing. I don't mind Enduro reviews, they're normally happy to point out the flaws in a bike (see the recent review of the GT Force for example).
Just read the review. Seems like an ok review. They've been happy to lay into bikes in the past like my beloved Liteville 301.

They spent a lot of time talking about the build process. They liked how it ride, weren't so pleased about some of the frame details. I wouldn't say it was a total gushathon.

I hope they get to keep it for one of their roundups.

Given that the target audience are going to be interested in the technology in the build process and how it rides, the review hits on the things they would be interested in.