Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Okay no-one needs that, but I actually think it's pretty cool. If i'm going to buy a 25kg coil sprung e-bike to self-shuttle the local DH trails, it may as well have a gearbox too.
I've come across a number of E-bikers stuck with busted chains lately, this could well be the solution to their problems.
Stronger single speed chains or belt.

You could disguise that fact your riding an E-bike! Nah man, thats just the gearbox :)

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've come across a number of E-bikers stuck with busted chains lately, this could well be the solution to their problems.
Stronger single speed chains or belt.

You could disguise that fact your riding an E-bike! Nah man, thats just the gearbox :)
Ebikes would be better served just going back to 10 speed and ditching the 50t for 42.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Ebikes would be better served just going back to 10 speed and ditching the 50t for 42.
I agree for the full power ebikes but not the lower powered models. I use the big cog all the time on my SL.
A little mechanical sympathy/aptitude would go a long way in helping a lot of the people who break chains too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just call it an underpowered motocross bike and let's all move along...
Right you are! Why are all these fat arseholes getting around on these heavy hunks of overbuilt enduro style shit? If they purchased a lean (here it goes) analogue bike more suited to their actual riding style...they wouldn't need their motor to drag them and their 2.8 inch fat tyres up the trails! Fuck...I'm going on again. Might try and get up early and join those sick Newcastle stealth riders. That'd be so much fun. Stop it!!!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Not released but prototype Hope Tech 3 V4. Not sure on the Shimano style clamp or lever shape but interesting.

shiny

Have they managed to give it more power?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Hope so, photo from a freeride event. Really like my E4s but just a tad more power at the end of the lever pull would make them perfect.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

shiny

You might want to check this VitalMTB album out:
Adam Brayton's Nukeproof Dissent with prototype Hope brakes

To me the levers look mostly unchanged apart from the clamps, the calipers look like all pots get the larger diameter pistons, not just 2/4 like on the current V4's.
Oooo.. thanks Dr @beeb those pistons look rather large. Wonder if there will be tweaks to the E4 as well. Wonder how far off they are to releasing.

EDIT - Some more photos here.

https://bikerumor.com/2021/10/01/sp...prototype-enduro-bike-new-hope-tech-4-levers/

Last edited:

K.C.

Likes Dirt
is that a new offset mounting bracket to prevent bleed nipple from snappy snap snap in most incidences?