One for the Graf/Stencil/street artists.... Apparently we're up to post #623 now

Daneel

Likes Dirt
Does anyone have any tips on making stencils? Not so much the cutting out part but more the actual designing and creating separate layers.
Are you looking to do layers of different colours, or just one single spray?

Single sprays are easy, there's a really easy to follow video here: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/286400/how_to_stencil_graffiti_art_101/

to do multi-layer stencils, go through the same process, but just add extra stencils for each layer. draw the base layer in photoshop, then add detail over the top and just print each layer separately.

personally i like the simple yet clever ones - one of my favourite ones is attached :)

here's another good one:

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
Are you looking to do layers of different colours, or just one single spray?

Single sprays are easy, there's a really easy to follow video here: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/286400/how_to_stencil_graffiti_art_101/

to do multi-layer stencils, go through the same process, but just add extra stencils for each layer. draw the base layer in photoshop, then add detail over the top and just print each layer separately.

personally i like the simple yet clever ones - one of my favourite ones is attached :)

here's another good one:

Thanks for your help. I figured out 5 minutes after posting. It's amazing what you can find if you actually look lol.

Edit - Heres some good stencils aswell.

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I don't know if it was just because the sun was shining this afternoon but I thought I saw quite a lot of fresh pieces along the train line between Richmond and Malvern today. Was nice to look at something other than grumpy faces.

Daneel

Likes Dirt
ohh, loving those dandelions :D that's a great one! loving the shoe print too..

regarding banksy: banksy's ones are a bit more special, like so:

'Ross

Eats Squid
***CLASH OF THE TITANS…CANCELLED, FOR NOW***
October 22nd, 2009

clash_1

After months of planning, I regretfully have to announce “CLASH OF THE TITANS” is cancelled… or at least for the time being.

due to unforseen financial issues with the events proprieters I’ve decided rather than go forward on a diminished scale and do a half-assed event… To postpone it to a later date.

My sincerest apologies to the community as a whole, Especially those whom have booked travel. I promise to make this event still happen as it is looooong overdue… Except this time back on home turf bigger and better.

-Stay tuned for updates…

-R.

KEEP THE MOVEMENT MOVIN’…

WWW.REVOK1.COM.

Well if you ask me the whole thing is a joke, and I've lost a lot of respect for Revok in particular, they promise a big event, will not release any details of where its gonna be or how its gonna work, then a week out they pull the plug. They go to the hassle of painting billboards in America to hype up the thing, but doesn't seem like anything was really organised at all.

Very glad I didn't end up going to Melbourne this week, Id be really pissed off, Im sure a lot of people already booked flights there and will be also pissed off. Life Lesson: Don't make promises you can't deliver on!

Funky Frypan

Likes Dirt
Mate saw revok painting a legal in Footscray yesterday... Is this bullshit or is he in Melbourne? I heard rumours it was going to be held at Etihad Stadium (telstra dome) Ross. Still unsure of how it would've worked :p

What a dissapointment.

'Ross

Eats Squid
^^^Yer he is here, check his blog...was he at the self storage wall in Footscray? Get some pics, don't know why all the overseas guys paint that wall, AFP and RDC paint it every weekend, his stuff will be gone by the end of the year.

I hope he paints some good tracksides, but there is so many pics of him online and him posing in front of his work, now I see panel pics online, personally I think he is going to get busted at the airport when he tries to go home:eek:

Funky Frypan

Likes Dirt
^^^Yer he is here, check his blog...was he at the self storage wall in Footscray? Get some pics, don't know why all the overseas guys paint that wall, AFP and RDC paint it every weekend, his stuff will be gone by the end of the year.

I hope he paints some good tracksides, but there is so many pics of him online and him posing in front of his work, now I see panel pics online, personally I think he is going to get busted at the airport when he tries to go home:eek:
Yeah I'll try get some flix. I need to fing my connecter cable first. I hope there are some GOOD new trackies coming my way soon mornings in Melbourne are dull at the moment...

Panel pics... Not from melburn I assume? I checked Oct and Sep of the blog didnt see any.

'Ross

Eats Squid
^^^What station do you live closest to?

This pic is poppin up everywhere and I'm sure anything else he does will be straight onto the forums...

'Ross

Eats Squid
^^^I believe the plan was for it to be a sideshow for a 'street skate competition' put on by clothing brand 'Kr3w' I have no idea if that got off the ground....but the whole thing seems even more of a joke than Megarampage.

Theres a guy at Ironlak I email sometimes, I asked him about it about 2 weeks ago and he said they had no idea who was organising it, where it would be, who was running it, or who was supplying the $20k...not exactly confidence inspiring hey?

It seems like Revok and Kr3w had a few too many drinks one night and dreamed up this whole event, but did absolutely nothing to actually make it happen, no details at all were announced besides 'it will be awesome' and a massive amount of hype and publicity spread.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Bad thing about legal walls here is no respect and no order....sometimes your stuff stays up for months, sometimes toys just think they will use your piece to practice tags on:eek: So I crushed the spot with a big chromie...