Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
From that article:

See, too little, too late. Plus, bet it doesn't happen. Commerce playing the game.

Gee I'm cynical. Gee I'm right.
You're not nearly cynical enough. 1.5 degrees is a fantasy. Current trajectory is more like 3-4.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
It's not but if you can show an increasing or decreasing trend then we can evaluate the effectiveness of our actions.
There are many good emissions accounting publications available online, including on the environment departments website and the UNFCCC.

All signatories to the UNFCCC are required to provide an inventory of emissions over time, Australia included. All publicly available
Drifting off topic, moving this one to the PB,CC,RE discussion.
This website has a nice graphical interface showing overall emissions and per capita emissions for each year from 1960 to 2017
http://www.globalcarbonatlas.org/en/CO2-emissions

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Straya - be proud:

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...sions-plans-but-australia-remains-tightlipped

The Coalition is counting a 367 megatonne abatement from carry-over credits(an accounting system that allows countries to count carbon credits from exceeding their targets under the soon-to-be-obsolete Kyoto protocol periods against their Paris commitment for 2030) to help meet Australia’s 2030 target.

Australia’s carbon budget also factors in emissions reduction from the Snowy Hydro expansion; energy efficiency measures; an electric vehicle strategy that the government has not yet unveiled; pollution reduction from the rebadged emissions reduction fund and just under 100Mt of abatement from “technology solutions” which aren’t specified and “other sources of abatement” such as projects under development but not yet contracted.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Not saying that burning coal is good but actually seen a report from an engineer that worked in a New Castle Power station saying that the power station is actually more efficient than what a lot state.
lol. By how much? #lowtarcigarettes

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Eraring? Origin spent a lot of money increasing its output but it is still a sub critical station. Cleaner than its local peers and 1/4 or so as bad as those in the latrine valley but still nothing special. Probably low 30s in percentage terms.

Haakon

Haakon

Your mate is full of shit. Obviously from the Murdoch School of Energy Production.
Oh wow, just read the Facebook link. Utter fuckwit.

Power station engineer does not qualify you to speak about climate science... And of course that great “we don’t pollute as much as the next guy so it’s fine”... Add in a bunch of unsubstantiated “renewables will never work” and I tuned out.