Post your NOTshore Pics (dodgy Northshore)

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
i dont know why youz are sayin eleebana is notshore it is sturdy as all fuck ive ridden it heaps of times and watched everyone else ride it and it is sick, and more solid than my 73fj40 and just want to say youz done a good job at buildin it boys wosh it didnt have to go its one sweet area :mad:
Sturdy as hell, yes your not wrong there. One of the builders is my home handyman of choice.

And yes I have ridden them as well.

But I would call them Not Shore from the impact they have had with the Council.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So super disappointed that the Eleebana trail is getting pulled down. Took ages to build... Maybe they'll move the track to my place instead..... :p

ac666

Cannon Fodder
i dont know why youz are sayin eleebana is notshore it is sturdy as all fuck ive ridden it heaps of times and watched everyone else ride it and it is sick, and more solid than my 73fj40 and just want to say youz done a good job at buildin it boys wosh it didnt have to go its one sweet area :mad:
It may be sturdy but there isn't much point unless it's council/land owner approved now is it?

btw NOTHING is more sturdy than a 40 series!:D :cool:

bdstorer

Likes Dirt
Found this gem in Tassie, while down at the Nat round last Nov. A local XC rider showed me so I dont know if anyone actually rode it but judging by the landing area, I doubt it, or it hadn't been ridden for ages.

Any of you Tassie boys seen this (or built it)? Not far off the road side heading up to Mt. Wellington.
Yep.. this is some old er.. 'gold'. Mate, you should see some of the pallet drops not far from that spot! Super sketchy!! Me though.. I've built my own 'notshore' in my front yard.. the dirt is way too powdery for dirt jumps so I whipped up a few little ladders to jump off in a mini run.. it's definately a contender for 'notshore'.... if its any interest.. its constructed from treated pine and HUON PINE!!:eek: Gotta be the most expensive ladders in town!! Haha.. sprayed that one gold for good measure! Huon Pine Bling!!:D

Attachments

Plow King

Little bit.
definitely what i'm calling it from now on,i have seen so much dodge not shore stuff,but then i have seen some good builds,vary rare though.dont mean i aint going to ride it though.
Bit of a dig, but that is the sketchiest crap ive ever seen. I refused to ride it because it sucked so bad. Got flex?

Mojo

Likes Dirt
SAMMYDOG!!!

that shore looks like an awsome lil set of stuff to practice on. why is it being for. apart from council being council. how did they find out??? not another unsupervised child that broke his arm and parents want to sue. haha

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NorcoTim,
I live less than 400m from that hill, and I'd never seen that short raised path over the logs until about 10 weeks ago.
What happened to our (My friends and Mine) drop at the bottom of that? It used to be a nice 6' high, and someone took it down, put it back up at 4' and nailed i into a (Petostrum? Tree (those annoying spotty ones) ) on a dodgy angle... It used to be bigger.

The landing is a huge mistake made by Callum Oakey (He's English) and couldn't dig when he was 17. He didn't understand it needed to be longer and bigger and steeper.

That short raised section makes the place look better than it used to. It used to be so plain. Even though it's bad, good job. There wasn't anything cut down to make this.

As for the other stuff around there (the next drop along the hill) they're not so good. I haven't ridden up over that big fallen tree yet. I'll go there when I'm on my bike again.

luke_rowell

Likes Dirt
cassowary run

Yeah some of this stuff is pretty dodgy and dangerous IMO. it seems alot of people are not big fans of northshore stuff no matter how its built. i can understand when its built like crap then there is a problem. i think there is a place for north shore in track building, espicially when you have a problem in areas that lack alot of natural terrian that make tracks enjoyable, of course it always needs to be on private land with approval from owners becuase concils dont want to touch it with a 10foot pole.

anyway thought i would post up a bit of a build (i definatly wouldent class it as notshore but lets see what people say) that we did awhile ago (its no longer there), it was where a DH track crossed a XC track, so to avoid any chance of collision we built an over pass over the top. not liked by all but it did the job.

Attachments

dcrofty

Eats Squid
sutho notshore

Found this stuff in the bush when I was at work. Heaps of work gone into this track. Some of it is OK, some is pretty shonky. The guys are causing a bit of damage though. Lot of the gums in the area got the chop which I don't agree with.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l174/dcrofty/Notshore5.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l174/dcrofty/Notshore4.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l174/dcrofty/Notshore3.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l174/dcrofty/Notshore2.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l174/dcrofty/Notshore1.jpg

enjoy!

fletcha2233

Likes Dirt
Quote;Found this stuff in the bush when I was at work. Heaps of work gone into this track. Some of it is OK, some is pretty shonky. The guys are causing a bit of damage though. Lot of the gums in the area got the chop which I don't agree with.

lol that is my old track that got trashed by little kids the cut all the ns down to suit them lil kids o well im ova the ns thing now so o well it is gettin burnt soon ma

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks like it would've been a nice track in it's day. Doesn't appear to be too dangerous though in those pics... although some of the supports I don't think i'd trust...

fletcha2233

Likes Dirt
it was a good track i enjoyed it then to many people found out and it just started gettin rebuild by lil kids to suit them so we will prob re build a dh track else where
:(

C

Certifi

Lazy

I think most of the time the problem with people building crapy northshore on their trail is lazyness. people dont want to have to take a whole lot of piks, shovels, and half desent wood in with them, nor do they want to spend ages working on them. Alot of noob ns builders just want to ride into their favourite track and then ride out again with some ns. Come on guys if your building ns do it properly for everyone sake!

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
any north shore attempts are warranted.. i've just arrived in melbourne, grew up in north van, and am in withdrawal, any pointers or suggestions to a guy in need of riding some stunts within a couple hrs of melbourne are highly encouraged... cheers

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Due to climate, Australia has very little need for North Shore style constructions beyond a desire to ride technical trail features. This leaves land managers with trails of increased risk of injury and therfore increased liability for no good reason beyond thrillseeking.

There are some areas where ground is fragile or weed/fungus/dieback is a problem or trails would become boggy due to inherent poor drainage but these areas where "shore" could actually be used for a legitimate reason are almost never the areas where it is built. If land managers could see sensible shore being constructed by trailbuilders in order to protect the environment and solve trail sustanability issues as it originally was used in Vancouver then they may be more accepting.

The Beechworth Chain Gang are 3.5 hours from Melbourne (hardly local) and have a dedicated mountainbike park including some Northshore.

look up

www.beechworthchaingang.com

If you are expecting to find Shore in Australia built like it is in Canada, prepare to be deeply disappointed.

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh pretty much what fr drew said.the only place that i have ridin here in oz that actual utilized shore to the land and their own advantage was down in the _______.that's the only place i've been to where it was better off being their instead of trampiling bush.

p.s i will not disclose the place where it is.

white_sac

Likes Bikes
definitely what i'm calling it from now on,i have seen so much dodge not shore stuff,but then i have seen some good builds,vary rare though.dont mean i aint going to ride it though.
I think it is quite funny when people who can't ride report people of "not sure". Man if you can't ride whats been built don't worry god won't punnish you. How bout actually riding the "not sure" and then have a go at the passionate people that actually go out of there way to build something to ride. Not these other bludgers that ride everyone elses...:mad:

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
I think it is quite funny when people who can't ride report people of "not sure". Man if you can't ride whats been built don't worry god won't punnish you. How bout actually riding the "not sure" and then have a go at the passionate people that actually go out of there way to build something to ride. Not these other bludgers that ride everyone elses...:mad:
Well, if it's going to be viewed as either a hazard or as environmental vandalism and lead to more trials being closed then I'm not sure that the "passionate people" are doing any MTB riders a favour by building it.

Well constructed and authorised "shore" that isn't going to give riders or trailbuilders a bad name I don't think anyone has an issue with, but most of it doesn't fall into that category.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
lost in translation

dude I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to say here but I think there are some crossed wires. There is a difference between 'not sure' and 'not shore' and perhaps this is causing some confusion?