Scott 24hr 2009

ming

Likes Bikes
Finally a few minutes to post a message.

I did a solo for the first time this year. Being a newby, and with a race plan of a midnight to dawn sleep, I camped in the solo area away from the transition area. The downside of this was that I didn't want to go back to the tent between laps.
My lovely and fantastic support person took a bag down to the start straight and found a space beside Trudy Nicholas' team. This was a great piece of luck, as they were fantastic, providing lots of useful advice and even cleaning & lubing my bike for me!

I had a great time. One crash on my 6th lap was a bit of a downer, necessitating 2-3 hours more rest than I was anticipating for some recovery.
I had to laugh though - over the bars into the rocks, bike lands on top of me, someone behind calls out "are you OK", then is gone before I actually move. I guess I didn't scream or groan too much!

Interestingly, I didn't have much of a problem with congestion on the track. Perhaps knowing the track helped a bit. Also being confident, competent and not in a huge hurry helped a lot. 9 fun runs down Double Dissolution! woo hoo!

Only two regrets:
Stopping for a proper rest before lap 6 may have avoided a silly crash.
In the post race pack-up didn't get back to thank Trudy's crew.

Michael

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
I suppose you missed our kangaroo on tricycle on the 'evil' climb back to homeview. .
In my semi-delerious state, that roo scared the shite out of me on more than one occasion.

my addled mind kept going. "Hey, there is a roo, and it is on a bike, and it is wearing clothes, wtf???"

Way to mess with my head :D

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Batman and his mate Evil knevil rode out with my mates in pink capes at that time.. Batman is here on RB know as drew peacock ;-)
Oh yeah, saw Mr Knevil just before he went out for his lap. Guessing that silver spacesuit would have got quite warm on the climb? Probably should have come fitted with a tap at the ankle cuffs to drain off all the sweat!

DaGonz

Eats Squid
The Koala drinking ones are not. I had them emailed to me and I think they're from Eagle Park in SA around early 2009. The rest are mine.
Does anyone else find Russ's ability to recall individual photos from the mass he's collected over the years a little disturbing? :)

Cheers
Gonz

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Does anyone else find Russ's ability to recall individual photos from the mass he's collected over the years a little disturbing? :)
The phrase 'get a life' comes to mind, but, thanks to Steve Jobs and his mates, iPhoto, Aperture, Google's Picasaweb and a few TB of external HD space, its actually not all that difficult.

gixer7

Likes Dirt
The phrase 'get a life' comes to mind, but, thanks to Steve Jobs and his mates, iPhoto, Aperture, Google's Picasaweb and a few TB of external HD space, its actually not all that difficult.
Please continue normal programming.

My mates still jabber excitedly about the Emily Batty pics you provided for us a while back.

Neon

Likes Dirt
i was a little dissapointed to everyone who didnt take our little makeshift jump near the end. that includes batman too.

but there was one guy who insisted on launching it about 5 metres and completely missing the whole rock garden every lap, which made for a bit of fun spectating.