Scott 24hr 2009

Tom Foolery

Likes Bikes
Would anyone care to speculate with me how next year is going to work with the incorporation of the World 24hr championship?
Are we going to mix the worlds best with beginners?
Will there be two different courses? How will it work?

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Did anyone else have problems with their results? It would appear I got ripped off 1 lap. I definitely did 15 in solo 40+ but i am only listed as having done 14. I did lose the timing chip at one stage so I'm guessing this is where the error occured?

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was a little dissapointed to everyone who didnt take our little makeshift jump near the end. that includes batman too.

but there was one guy who insisted on launching it about 5 metres and completely missing the whole rock garden every lap, which made for a bit of fun spectating.

hahahah i was sharing the tent with you guys.
best one was the guy who said no, then rode backwards along the track to hit it.

legendary. ;)

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Would anyone care to speculate with me how next year is going to work with the incorporation of the World 24hr championship?
I'd love to speculate with you.

My money is on 2 separate courses. Means we probably can't go back to figure of 8 course al la 2007/2008 but I would also expect the team numbers would be reduced a smidge.

I think mixing the two events together would detract a bit from the status of the world champs hence my reasons for thinking they will be separate.

Also, 23 degrees on Saturday, warming to 26 on the Sunday with a low of 8 overnight and a slight chance of rain. Minimal cloud cover.

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Lots of things to be decided, and it will also be influenced by the number of entries.

But, I think it will be best if we have the Solos on one course and the Teams on another. That is easy to do at Stromlo and if you like to think of the 2007 and 2008 hourglass course concept, don't have them join and put the solos on red and the teams on blue. Remember, this is a concept - the actual courses might not be 100% the same as those popular tracks

This also means that all the riders on the solo course will be suffering equally, with no team riders to either help or hinder them.

Another big change will be the level of access in the Solo Pit Row. There will only be solo riders in there - so no teams at all, even if your team is "supporting" a solo rider. Access to the Solo Pit Row will also be much more controlled so only registered helpers, accredited media etc are allowed in. This is no different to previous World Solo 24Hr Champs.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Did anyone else have problems with their results? It would appear I got ripped off 1 lap. I definitely did 15 in solo 40+ but i am only listed as having done 14. I did lose the timing chip at one stage so I'm guessing this is where the error occured?
You should contact Castech here. Probably worth keeping SteppenW in the loop too.

kerbs

Likes Bikes
WSC24 course

I had been thinking for next years worlds, perhaps solos could do red lap, and the teams blue, and then somehow do a switch at midnight, just to keep it interesting.

Down-side ofcourse is the red track would probably be in pretty good nick after 12 hours, and moving across to the blue lap would probably be shite as it would be more rutted out with the quicker riders and higher volume..

Back to drawing board!

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
I had been thinking for next years worlds, perhaps solos could do red lap, and the teams blue, and then somehow do a switch at midnight, just to keep it interesting.
we have a weiner. i reckon that (or similar) is the way to go...

Neon

Likes Dirt
hahahah i was sharing the tent with you guys.
best one was the guy who said no, then rode backwards along the track to hit it.

legendary. ;)
haha cool.
were you in heath's team?
the guy that stacked on the 4x friday night?

First 24hr

I've been riding for a little over a year and done a couple of races like the 50km Fling, DirtWorks and Angry Doctor. This was my first 24 hour event and it was teriffic. What a great format and atmosphere. I'd read a lot about aggro on the track with passing but had nothing but good experiences. Everyone that passed me thanked me and had a bit of a chat and I did the same when passing.
What an awesome track! It was also my first night ride and what a trip that was. Next year we'll be back and better prepared.
Thanks to the organisers and all of the riders for a great event.

JD26

Likes Dirt
Thanks for that Stephen... are we also going to get fastest laps day and night, or are they already up somewhere?
I have worked out the fastest day laps - these exclude the first lap which was sent up the fireroad (Ramsay Street) as this was a bit shorter and not representative of the full lap. Most of the fastest laps were performed on the 2nd lap of the day due to reduced traffic congestion. These were mainly made up 3, 4 and 6 man teams.

Blair, Andy 44:45.0
Flemming, Mat 44:45.1
Taberley, Sid 44:57.0
Jackson, Adrian 47:00.0
Braunsteins, Daniel 47:15.0
Flemming, Mat 47:25.3
Downing, James 47:26.3
Gordon, Craig 47:41.2
Gordon, Craig 47:46.1
Blair, Andy 47:46.5
Haass, Nathan 47:49.2
Liston, Scott 47:52.1
Gordon, Craig 48:01.1
Williamson, James 48:05.0
Elliot, Hamish 48:05.4
Taberley, Sid 48:06.4
Lennox, Ryan 48:12.0
Elliot, Hamish 48:16.2
Menager, Nicolas 48:19.4
Lewis, Shaun 48:19.7

I'll try and figure out the night laps soon - females also!

JD26

Likes Dirt
Here are the fastest night laps - assuming that most were on their night lap at 'about lap 10' (at the pointy end) --- by this time, traffic was pretty tight as well as fatigue setting in!

Blair, Andy 49:35.5
Gordon, Craig 49:50.0
Flemming, Mat 49:57.0
Williamson, James 50:15.1
Jackson, Adrian 50:18.9
Gordon, Craig 50:34.4
Jackson, Adrian 50:34.7
Williamson, James 50:45.1
Jackson, Adrian 51:14.5
Williamson, James 51:14.7
Gordon, Craig 51:17.8
Henderson, Ben 51:18.9
Lewis, Shaun 51:19.4
Downing, James 51:21.8
Lewis, Shaun 51:25.5
Bowron, Will 51:31.5
Miller, Brent 51:32.8
Taberley, Sid 51:33.8
Bowron, Will 51:40.8
Cutifani, Rhys 51:44.6

JD26

Likes Dirt
Fastest female laps for the day (excluding the first lap - which as mentioned before was shorter and on a different bit of track)

Logie, Heather 55:54.5
Stoute, Selina 57:00.5
Douglas, Jessica 57:18.8
Fisher, Niki 57:20.2
Aubrey, Claire 57:26.1
Nicholas, Trudy 57:41.9
Logie, Heather 58:18.2
Cook, Louise 58:54.2
Henderson, Bec 59:11.0
Stoute, Selina 59:11.7

frameskin

Squid
I got ripped off 2 laps (and I only did two). I had both chips, both times. I even said beep when I went through transition. I sent a message to castech from their website about it and got an error from that too and gave up after that. go figure. A bit of a Castastrophy IMO.

Last edited:

mous

Squid
All: we've been updating the online results progressively over the past few days, and again not long ago. The online results are currently being updated more often than the pdf on the CORC

For any issues with the results, use the "Contact" link on onlineresults to let us know. If you tried Sunday/early Monday you may have had an error, since resolved.

Obviously there were issues with results on the weekend. We've read through comments here- most we've read so far are fair considering what happened. Many problems we can cope with, combined it starts to buckle the contingencies, and those who know how we operate know we have several layers of contingency- hence why we have the backups from which to confirm the times, although it's slow for some queries. We've timed a lot of races, there are always issues of some sort, even if it's just someone walking through the finish by accident, most are quickly fixed and only visible in results for a short time if at all. When things go wrong though, it can go very bad quite quickly. On the weekend apart from the visible issues (rego, transponder attachment), we had power drop out- we use battery backed power supplies (UPS) to protect from power outages- but our UPS also failed (even UPS' fail) and outages on our 3rd party web host (an established host with 24x7 support, but was still out for over 4 hours when we didn't need to spend over an hour on the phone), and there were some others.

At the end of the day though, results are what you need: we appologise it wasn't up to scratch, it should have run as smoothly as the other enduro's we time. An online debate probably won't achieve much, but the comments we've been reading are salient for us to read and do something about.

Please continue to contact us directly at the link above if you have questions about your results.
+Mark