ShockWiz - Automated Suspension Tuning

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Gahh! I'm trying!
hahahaha........
In fairness, this is potentially a very handy little gadget. Apart from relying on your "arseometer" for feeling, it will at least give some numbers to the feeling. I feel faster already!

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
hahahaha........
In fairness, this is potentially a very handy little gadget. Apart from relying on your "arseometer" for feeling, it will at least give some numbers to the feeling. I feel faster already!
Exactly! Numbers/settings to the bike feel is what I'm looking for. The whole rental side of it is super appealing too. Rent, set, return. There's no way I'd pay that sort of coin for something that you potentially use once.......nearly as bad as a fu@ken wedding dress!

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I would see more benefit in using this on my wifes bike rather than mine due to her giving very little feedback on how her bike is performing. That said I reckon I have her setup pretty good due to pestering and watching her ride and making changes without her knowledge.

John U

MTB Precision
Rentals for Go Pro's is where it's at. Someone really needs to crack that market. Might also be useful for suspension tuning with the right mounts and a couple of cameras.

ktastrphe

Likes Dirt
Uglybob & I went halves in a second hand kickstarter one of these (bargain $200 at the time) . It has helped to tweak what I thought was a good set up to an even better set up.

I have also learnt so much about how my shocks work and what changing each setting actually does and feels like. Was a good investment in my eyes. I wouldn't pay the rrp though

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I was an original Kickstarter for this. I've had mine for a few months now and have used it on a number of different bikes... quite a cool little device once you get the hang of it.
Anyone renting it should make sure they get some clear instructions and assistance setting it up...because the first few times using it, I found it to be a bit frustrating and time consuming. Once I got my head around a few of the little setup tweaks, it provides some good feedback.

Maybe I should start renting mine out :shocked:

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was an original Kickstarter for this. I've had mine for a few months now and have used it on a number of different bikes... quite a cool little device once you get the hang of it.
Anyone renting it should make sure they get some clear instructions and assistance setting it up...because the first few times using it, I found it to be a bit frustrating and time consuming. Once I got my head around a few of the little setup tweaks, it provides some good feedback.

Maybe I should start renting mine out :shocked:
Any tips for setting one up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Uglybob & I went halves in a second hand kickstarter one of these (bargain $200 at the time) . It has helped to tweak what I thought was a good set up to an even better set up.

I have also learnt so much about how my shocks work and what changing each setting actually does and feels like. Was a good investment in my eyes. I wouldn't pay the rrp though

maybe you 2 should let me borrow it for a few days :p

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The budding businessman in me really wants to buy one and hire it out - was struggling to get my mates keen though on the weekend.

markb84

Likes Dirt
Anyone in Sydney got one of these yet that they fancy renting out for a week? Really keen to try it out.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yarra Valley Cycles will have them available to hire a $50 a pop for those folk in Melbourne.

Look forward to giving it a whirl