Tell me about riding in Bright

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'll be on a Trek Fuel Ex with a trail helmet and knee pads, so maybe no double black trails.
You'll be fine, I have 2 x 11yr olds on HT's and they will be gaggin for the hardest trails they can find.

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
The latest from Bright.
Three new trails have opened. A cross country traverse with a good descent. A challenging cross country climb/descent and a machine built blue flow trail.

Rumour has it Mystic DH will be getting a new bottom section as well. Removing the old rock garden/flat section.

Here is a little cable can edit of a section of the flow trail.//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59d2a2f7cb637/VID_364490728_135548_745.mp4

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

teK--

Eats Squid
The latest from Bright.
Three new trails have opened. A cross country traverse with a good descent. A challenging cross country climb/descent and a machine built blue flow trail.

Rumour has it Mystic DH will be getting a new bottom section as well. Removing the old rock garden/flat section.

Here is a little cable can edit of a section of the flow trail.//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59d2a2f7cb637/VID_364490728_135548_745.mp4

What is the name of it? Looks like DownDJ?

teK--

Eats Squid
Was there on weekend the trails are all super tacky and in great nick. Bluedirt ran very efficient shuttles kudos to them.

SDA

Likes Dirt
The latest from Bright.

Yeah Down DJ is a cracker of a trail. Great fun - especially when linking it up into Flat Strap.

I also heard that there may be another lower Hero Trail option being built - due Christmas 2017. All rumors though.

shore_2

Likes Dirt
The trails there are awesome but so hard to follow if you're not just descending or climbing the hero climb.
Down dj is super fun!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

teK--

Eats Squid
Yeah Down DJ is a cracker of a trail. Great fun - especially when linking it up into Flat Strap.

I also heard that there may be another lower Hero Trail option being built - due Christmas 2017. All rumors though.
Flat strap is another great track so rooty and with narrow gaps through the trees. So much more grip than first thought it just makes you go faster and faster.

SDA

Likes Dirt
Flat strap is another great track so rooty and with narrow gaps through the trees. So much more grip than first thought it just makes you go faster and faster.
Agree - open the brakes and let it flow.

Reminded me of some trails over in Whistler.

fphmtb

Likes Bikes
Been hearing there is a secret steep dh trail?
Think it may come from somewhere near the top, anyone know where it is?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Secret track that branches off mystic?
Given that some of Mystic is being logged, one could guess that it's part of the new Mystic line. Would be awesome to ride something that steep that's not slogged out by 100s of races and years of water erosion. Mystic is awesome fun, but it was way better before the loam disappeared.

ozzybmx

Just spent 6 days there, awesome time and lots of nice beer drank.

Did 11 runs of the Hero Trail according to strava, rode most of the other trails and did both DH tracks. Also rode Beechworth and Mt Beauty. My kids had a ball.

Rode up the Hero ascending trail once, all the rest were shuttles over 6 days.

Great spot and really nice trails, looked forward to "Middle Hero" every run, that is the definition of flow through that pine forest section !

Nearly makes me sad to see such nice trails built in Pine forests, in SA they no longer build trails in working forests... I suppose it hard to build elsewhere if there is nothing else.

There's a fair bit of logging happening around the Bright area at the moment too, hoping they get as many years as possible before the thinning starts.

Attachments

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Just spent 6 days there, awesome time and lots of nice beer drank.

Did 11 runs of the Hero Trail according to strava, rode most of the other trails and did both DH tracks. Also rode Beechworth and Mt Beauty. My kids had a ball.

Rode up the Hero ascending trail once, all the rest were shuttles over 6 days.

Great spot and really nice trails, looked forward to "Middle Hero" every run, that is the definition of flow through that pine forest section !

Nearly makes me sad to see such nice trails built in Pine forests, in SA they no longer build trails in working forests... I suppose it hard to build elsewhere if there is nothing else.

There's a fair bit of logging happening around the Bright area at the moment too, hoping they get as many years as possible before the thinning starts.
That middle section is sick. Love the flow and the speed. Great photo.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
It is a nice shot, I don't approve of the lack of knee pads though! That gravel is like a cheese grater, you must have been very confident with your jumping. And riding Mystic with no pads - that's keen!

ozzybmx

Cheers, yes she wears a few hats around here, shuttle bunny, photographer, GoPro operator, makes rolls and stuff for us in case we get hungry shuttling :)

I started off the week with kneepads (sort of) those flimsy RaceFace scuff pads, basically beefed up knee warmers, as the week went on and my balls got bigger, they got forgotten.
I made the kids wear theirs... should have been setting a better example I suppose, that shale on the top section would definitely slice bare skin to the bone.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Trails are running well, minimum puddles. Downdj was super clean. All mountain track was probably the roughest I've seen it, good fun!

Also props to builders of up DJ, easiest and dare say fun climbing trail, got up even on the slope rig.