Tell me about riding in Bright

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just bought a little permanent caravan on a river front site in Porepunkah. That' how good I think riding in Bright is! And the whole surrounding areas.
Spent 10 days up there after new years (popped Boom Kings' Mystic cherry... that comes across wrong doesn't it). Spent a splendid warm rainy morning out there alone just pedalling around, getting lost and then pointing it down whatever black runs I came across. So good. Met a local guy digging and had a great chat for 15 minutes, ended up with a few local secrets to explore next time. Was one of those sessions thst is now etched in my mind and stored in the 'Fuck yeah! This is why I love this shit!!' folder.
Jealous as! As said, living the damn dream!

Reckon Ive ridden one or two of those secrets too. You will enjoy!

dunndog

Eats Squid
Yeah cheers, I'm pretty chuffed about it! Do a bit of mod work and get it ship shape by me t summer.. a few trips up riding and skiing and a little bit of elbow grease.. looking forward to it.

slowmick

38-39"
Sadly no trip to Bright this year for me. Packed the car for the family and there was no room for the bike. will get the 6 x 4 fixed up for next year so that there is room for lots more holiday fun.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Has anyone been to bright in winter i.e. now. What are the conditions like? Are any of the services running i.e. shuttles? Was planning a trip in early Sept or this time next year.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I'll be there upcoming long weekend and will let you know.

This weekend's forecast for bright looks mild, dry and cloudy ... so quite ideal.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've been there a little bit mid-winter as part of visiting Hotham to snowboard...Bright is rather cold and a touch wet (snow melt + sleet + rain + dew + reduced evaporation = boggy), though I've not been on the trails.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bright is rather cold and a touch wet
It gets a bit like that, shaded in the middle of the big mountains... it misses the sun to dry it out and feels cold & damp outside Summer.

Beautiful place though and the trails are great.

bikie

Rock Bottom
Blue dirt are running shuttles through winter I think. It's fairly buckshotty up top so pretty good until you get into those slimy clay berms through the trees. They'll get you if you're not careful.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was up there a for a weekend of shuttles early May. It had rained a fair bit the week before.. The trails were okish, the exposed stuff dried out but the machine built flow stuff in the shade was treacherously slippery. Our group had a lot of offs..The All Mountain and DH trails weren’t great either unless you dig riding wet roots, slick clay and rocks.
A lot of riders on the shuttles were having a blast though. It’s not my bag, I hate wet rooty trails. Rather go to the pub..
As mentioned earlier the wet slick clay berms will dump you on your arse..

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Was there today and all the trails were pretty dry with just a few puddles here and there (from the rain earlier in the week).

The lower half of hero is probably the worst bit during winter as it is always shaded and never has a chance to dry out.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Which route do you guys recommend to go in the evening? The Googles say they're almost the same but it's lied to me before

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Which route do you guys recommend to go in the evening? The Googles say they're almost the same but it's lied to me before
i find the bit getting to healesville & just after very slow; it can be busy & you can get held up a lot i traffic jams, freeway 4 me

kbekus

Likes Dirt
The C roads are fun if you like driving tighter twisty country roads but they're harder to drive safely and you need to be wary of animals at dawn and dusk. The Hume up to Wangaratta is pretty boring but safer - it was designed to carry traffic at 130 so it's mind numbingly dull at 110 and there are distance over time cameras so you can't speed....

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I prefer the Hume, for the same as everyone's previously mentioned reasons; lack of animals and plenty of pitstops.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Last edited: