The hardtail riding thread

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
Came home on Friday to a pretty little package from Rhythm Imports. Found this gem inside it. Unfortunately I had to run off to a gig in thirty minutes so I quickly put it together but didn't tweak anything. I came home that night and even though aching to the bone I changed the stock pedals to a set of legeaters and removed the front V-Brake, tweaked it to how I liked it and then quickly fell asleep. The next day I went on a street rampage. I didn't realise how light it actually was until it occured to me I could bunny hop a heap higher than before. Absolutely stoked with it and continual thank yous to Ben from Rhythm Imports for sending this within two days and sorting everything out for me, amazing customer service and couldn't have gotten better. Planning on buying a set of Maitou Circus to switch between the rigids. I used to ride a bit of street a couple of years ago but not too aggressively, have ridden dirt(Mostly DH) and I was wondering if there was anyone keen on showing me some spots in Melbourne?
Also, any tips on getting higher hops, stalls and 180's?
893272_627299553975337_1747814078_o.jpg
539748_627306850641274_24664151_n.jpg
1450949_624528194252473_177799766_n.jpg

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I seem to be doing the opposite of a lot of people on here. pretty much only ride street and park on a 26 these days, very rarely ride dirt jumps or any other type of mountain bikes anymore.
my dartmoor has been going strong for 3 years now. Somehow the only parts that have been replaced are grips and tires, probably not riding it hard enough! Also tried out a chainless setup a little while back. was a lot of fun for a few days, but soon grew sick of having to pump around to spots all the time.

got a freecoaster wheel for the 26" now and for some reason its easier than riding a freecoaster on a bmx, really liking it at the moment. its a bitch commute on (cant pedal hard or the bearings will blow, really slow engagement) but once you get to a spot its really fun. also a silent bike is fun to ride in bowls and at trails.
What freecoaster did you get? the khe 135mm or is your pridestreet bmx spaced? ive been toying with the idea of getting a freecoaster for years but have never really been bothered. Started to see a lot more use for one lately though.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
The Pride-Street mainframe is bmx 14 x 110 rear like the NS capital..

Pride-Street do make a 135mm disc frame called the Shred

ive got a bmx spaced frame and a federal v2 freecoaster, its basically a khe hub, but in a hub shell thats been tweaked by federal. i had it on my bmx but wanted to try it on a 26", so i laced it to a spare dartmoor rim (happened to have exactly the right spokes i needed as well) and its been going great.

half cabs off stuff are so much easier and more fun, full cabs are a bitch (couldnt do them in the first place but theyre even harder on a freecoaster)

id rather not break stuff than break a load of parts. havnt broken anything in a while either.

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have to go for a roll soon rob! I'm coming back down (for 6 weeks at the least) so keen!

That blue ns looks mint! I want to get some bouncy bits on the front of mine so I can get back to plowing my way out of things

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know how Castle Cove has fared with all the rain lately ?
I don't ride there a lot so don't know how long it usually takes to dry out.
Would it be alright for the weekend up coming?

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
Almost finished, finishing parts got lost in the mail but luckily they are being sent again!

Is there anywhere I can get an adapter to run my 20mm spindle in a 22mm bottom bracket? There is absolutely no 20mm Euro bb's
I'm thinking I just have to use a broom I have thats 20mm inside and 21.4 outside..... What could go wrong!
1479275_553700281383791_2055956212_n.jpg1462852_556417681112051_1675125280_n.jpg

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
3pcs ? Should do, they're either 8 or 48 spline... If it's 48 the choices are pretty good.
If it's 8 you'll proly have better luck asking a bmx shop. Literally just encountered this same problem, got it sorted with 1 phone call.
What forks are you running on there ?

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
3pcs ? Should do, they're either 8 or 48 spline... If it's 48 the choices are pretty good.
If it's 8 you'll proly have better luck asking a bmx shop. Literally just encountered this same problem, got it sorted with 1 phone call.
What forks are you running on there ?
Stock Scott Voltage forks

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heading up to Sydney for New Year celebrations.

Where should I ride. I want dirt jumps, 4x, bmx tracks, pump tracks and skate parks. Ooohhh and lots of berms. Will be staying in North Bridge

youll be right around the corner from castle cove jumps, definitely visit up there. if youre keen for park, my local is thornleigh (pretty fun bowl, spine, lights until 9:30, i think its a pretty fun park but i may be biased haha), waterloo if you like ledges, five dock is pretty nuts, but really slippery, dulwich hill is closed :(, macquarie fields is fun, just try not to get stabbed. castle hill is a pretty good race track, theres also a bmx track in olympic park (worth a visit in general, theres a small indoor park with foam pit and resi, quite a bit of street too)