What Bike Do You Regret Selling?

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Yup, too young and naive to appreciate what it was at the time. However the effect was strong as I’ve now got a Ritchey P-29er which I’ll take to the grave. (Spooky similar paint job, now I look at it)

goose_007

Likes Dirt
My morewood shova st and the good old Craftworks rail. Yeah they were awesome but now have a bunch of old 26” wheels and forks that would make a up some great bikes now. I miss black Betty and Wilma.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ouch.
Reckon that was the best bike DB ever made. Always wanted it above the ti and CF/steel frames they had around the same time.
I still have my 1994 Axis TR which I think is the same frame as the Axis, mine is True Temper TT light I think, haven't ridden it off road in a little while, my son was riding it to school earlier in the year. It proably needs a little love.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
My morewood shova st and the good old Craftworks rail. Yeah they were awesome but now have a bunch of old 26” wheels and forks that would make a up some great bikes now. I miss black Betty and Wilma.
I gave my Crafty rail to my nephew years ago, in an effort to get him off his couch playing video games and outside to get some gamma rays.
will have to try and revisit that idea of getting it back next time I feel the need to visit Canberra
What colour was the rail?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Fuck I loved my Shova ST. I eventually retired it once I had cracked the seat tube, ovalised the head tube and the bearings seat on the swingarm.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

carpetrunner

Likes Dirt
Back in 1977 I bought a second hand YZ125A. The serial number was ...098
Spent many great days flying over the sand hills of the 'nulla and around the swamps of Towra Pt.
Back then I needed the cash for euro walkabout. If it was still in one piece it would be worth a mint.

I don't sell mtb bikes. I have broken a few roadies.

-carpetrunner

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Original Norco250cc which was a replacement for the original Norco Torrent (which cracked on every weld) had hadley hubs, sherman with 20mm axel, saint cranks, X9 gears, hayes brakes with 8" rotors front and back. Rode it everywhere with the seat slammed somehow a 20km XC ride could be done like that. At the time I was on the hunt for a Chameleon frame to make a little better pedalling hard hitting hardtail. Couldn't find one and parted it out. Rode a XC hardtail with stronger wheels and 100mm fork for years after but it was never as fun and my MTB riding for a several years was a bit meh. Never should have parted/sold it.

Now that I have an enduroish hardtail and a dually again and ride fast rough fun stuff again I crash and hurt myself reasonably often (seems to be about every 6 weeks). That XC meh period had no big crashes so I guess that was nice.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Original Norco250cc which was a replacement for the original Norco Torrent (which cracked on every weld) had hadley hubs, sherman with 20mm axel, saint cranks, X9 gears, hayes brakes with 8" rotors front and back. Rode it everywhere with the seat slammed somehow a 20km XC ride could be done like that. At the time I was on the hunt for a Chameleon frame to make a little better pedalling hard hitting hardtail. Couldn't find one and parted it out. Rode a XC hardtail with stronger wheels and 100mm fork for years after but it was never as fun and my MTB riding for a several years was a bit meh. Never should have parted/sold it.

Now that I have an enduroish hardtail and a dually again and ride fast rough fun stuff again I crash and hurt myself reasonably often (seems to be about every 6 weeks). That XC meh period had no big crashes so I guess that was nice.
But XC is meh! relive the norco 250 days and build up a Cotic Bfe26?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I thought the original Norco 250cc had Marzocchi forks? I remember those massive tyres...so big, so fat!!!

herbman

Likes Dirt
Horst linked intense Uzzi SLX, spent most of its time built up as a enduro bike before enduro was a thing. But also spent time with a light build when I did an 8 hour solo with a mate and with dorados and a coil rear shock when I took it to Canada to ride bike parks.
Ended up selling when we moved to Tasmanian. Still miss it.
My girl regertted me trading a steel keewee stealth frame for said intense. So I found her a newer one for her birthday, only bike related present she has really liked.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
On the subject of Keewee, I had a Keewee Cromotoze. Awesome full cromo dually. That's the most memorable / regretted sale of mine.

Had adjustable rear travel. Pretty sure it was 160mm - 135mm... I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I did try again to find one a few years ago, but no joy. Was a great bike!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gave away my Norco VPS 2 with marzocchi z1s and a vanilla rc rear shock, azonic shorty stem, white bros ti bars, Hayes mags. It was a great bike.

I always think fondly of my SC Nomad v1.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
My old 1996 Spooky Cycles Metalhead which I had to sell to pay rent/bills after losing a job..

And I still mourn the loss of my custom build 2001 Norco 250cc (profile cranks, doublewide rims, sherman forks, protaper bars, Hugi Hubs, Hayes Purples etc..) ... which was stolen in 2004 never to be seen again :(

My 2002 Bighit DH with Shivers, 2004 Specialized Demo9 Pro & Rocky Mountain RM7 Wade Simmons that I sold when I gave up DH

Then the 2 custom 24 Bicycles Toy4's that I sold

Oh and the Dobermann Pinscher & Brooklyn Machine Works Park Bike that I sold

Ah the memories.....