What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

sossy

Saucier
That's some beefy rubber! What size and where did you grab them from?
They’re a 27.5 x 2.45. It’s on a 35mm rim, replacing a 2.8 dhr.
I got them ordered in to Summit, fitted a highlander 29x2.45 on the front (bike is a mullet). Should be a great combo.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Everyone has one. Mine is a small double on our local track that I ALWAYS just touch the brake a bit for before hitting it. But it ends up making me case the downside. Might have to remove my brakes for a ride...
There’s always “The Fear” thread ;)

Mine is currently a step down on a new local.
It’s about a head high take off. Landing about 3-4 bike lengths away on a downhill slope with about 15m before going into a very tight right hand off camber corner. I want to do the drop, but just rolling it you end up into the corner so fast. Need to be doing about 2.5x the speed to make the gap. Plus I faze myself out over thinking it.
Went at it 5 times yesterday only to pull up each time.

Have to clear the red line to avoid casing.

You can see front wheel stationary here. Take off is kind of rounded down so no extra send.

I’ll pony up one day... hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Just back at the room now, after a lovely meal in downtown Wagga Wagga. Today, after a bit of a drive, we rode Pomingalarna Reserve... very nice. Great trails and location with some sweet bushland, and quite a bit of wild life, in fact more wallaby’s in one spot than I’ve ever seen before. One hare who was not afraid and we saw him twice. The new dropper lever is amazing, so easy. I’m loving the new bike a lot. It’s developed a bb creak, but I’m too into the new toy to care, my deafness helps here. Wide bars are a thing, so good but so vulnerable in the tight spots... I take a deep breath. Anyway, a great day.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
There’s always “The Fear” thread ;)

Mine is currently a step down on a new local.
It’s about a head high take off. Landing about 3-4 bike lengths away on a downhill slope with about 15m before going into a very tight right hand off camber corner. I want to do the drop, but just rolling it you end up into the corner so fast. Need to be doing about 2.5x the speed to make the gap. Plus I faze myself out over thinking it.
Went at it 5 times yesterday only to pull up each time.

Have to clear the red line to avoid casing.

You can see front wheel stationary here. Take off is kind of rounded down so no extra send.

I’ll pony up one day... hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! We've got a drop like that on one of our black trails. It's a rock slab that's blind and rocky on the landing. I marked out a PONR (Point of No Return) above it and took a quite a few run ups before I finally hit my mark and went for it. My gut still clenches everytime I go off it. Unfortunately I blew the tyre on the last time and sprayed my mate with Stans.....

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Tooling around Newcastle, it’s been fun. Today we rode Glen Rock... it was also good fun. We just did a loop and a half of the main blue trail, which had some challenges for a blue trail. Just love riding new trails, followed by slow exploring tooling about on the bikes, with beer and wine interruptions.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Had the e-bikers out in force at O'hallorans today. Cruising up the singletrack climbs with my 10 year old, so setting no records. Real bike riders that were moving swiftly enough would drop a gear, letting me know they were coming up, then patiently cruise until I could find a good spot to get the lad to pull over for them to pass. We'd always get a "thanks mate" as they continued on their way. The e-bikers though would just barge their way through without a word.

Interesting to note, all the real riders were over 40, yet none of the e-wankers was over 30.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
CMMBC Round 6 this morning. Took Little Sender and Middle Brother for some coaching before hand. They worked on gear selection, so now they both spin in first gear, instead of grinding in top gear. :rolleyes:

I've been doing a bit of reading and put a few 'refreshed' skills in place. Stuff I knew, but haven't had to perfect, and I'm now definitely faster in the twisty bits, instead of thinking I was, just have to stay the course with my muscle endurance work. Stayed with the front bunch for 3 out of 5 laps, but at the start of the year they were dropping me after 1, so I'm OK with that.

Once they'd got away I slowed a little to concentrate on my technique, which brought multiple questions about my tyre pressure and my ability to stay upright. I only finished 3 minutes behind third place. Bastards.

Next round is a 2-hour warm-up for our 3-hour in September. Should be interesting as they're much more my style of riding. Just under max for a long time.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yesterday fitted my internal cabled dropper post to the bike= what I fiddly job esp that stupid little screw bolt that clamps on the cable at the bottom of the post,eventually suceeded.
It would be easier with 2 pairs of hands.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I was that idiot that left his shoes at home so had to ride in flats.
I reckon we have all done that at some stage, unfortunately mine was in summer and I had channel my inner Eddie Masters style and go the jandal...do not recommend, it's something you'll probably only do once.

In other news, your drivetrain is going to be really really clean... albeit rusty tomorrow morning.

Last edited: