What do your kids ride?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bastard! Nice one. I know I can do it, I just can’t let myself do it. Jumping has become a mind game for me..one I’m losing :oops:
Me too... its called getting old mate !

Mortgage, life, kids and the given that we can just hop on the bike when we feel like it, versus out of action for 3-4 months (or longer) with an injury.

moorey

call me Mia
I have absolute confidence in Felix’s judgement, actually. He always considers new jump well, and knows his limits. There’s plenty he’ll look at, think over, and leave for another day.

Mattl

Likes Dirt
If anyone wants a well set up hard tail for their 9-12 year old check out my daughters old bike that I have just listed in the cross country bikes for sale section.

Mica

Likes Dirt

Happy they can at least provide some help now as opposed to when I had two kids seats on the back!!

The additional set of cranks which bolt to the back seat tube for the kids are a stroke of genius.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Happy they can at least provide some help now as opposed to when I had two kids seats on the back!!

The additional set of cranks which bolt to the back seat tube for the kids are a stroke of genius.
Is the tandem bespoke or an off the shelf frame?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mica

Likes Dirt
Burley tandem which from what I understand was some small batch American builder. Was generously gifted to me by an ex work colleague a few years back to use with the kids.

onawave

Squid
Hi all,

Just looking for a recommendation for a first 4-year-old kids bike. He had a balance bike for a while (cheap one which he trashed).

Is it worthwhile jumping in the deep end and getting him a bike with pedals or a more decent balance bike now so he can work on it - then a pedal bike in a few months once he is sorted?

BT180

Max Pfaff
Hi all,

Just looking for a recommendation for a first 4-year-old kids bike. He had a balance bike for a while (cheap one which he trashed).

Is it worthwhile jumping in the deep end and getting him a bike with pedals or a more decent balance bike now so he can work on it - then a pedal bike in a few months once he is sorted?
We bought my 4yo a Giant Animator. Comes with training wheels, but they're easily removed. Fits him well. Just get him rolling down a small grassy hill with his feet off the pedals until he finds his balance. Should be easy coming from a balance bike. Then all of a sudden he'll put he feet down on the pedals and he'll be off!

onawave

Squid
4 and has had a balance bike ... go straight to a 14in or 16in pedal bike without training wheels.
appreciate the reply. to give more details, the cheap balance bike we gave him didnt last long. so there is probably a bit of catch up to do. but mind you - im not being a biased dad - my son is pretty capable. (walked at 9 months - has for fear)

my best guess is that he will quickly master another balance bike and want pedals super quick.

look around the internet - everything points at the best one to get is a woom. but for some reason we cant get them in australia?

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all,

If you are in Sydney I could probably help you out with an EXTREMELY well used Hotrock 16. I'd basically give it away - works fine but has seen some use....

Otherwise the commencal kids bikes look awesome

onawave

Squid
If you are in Sydney I could probably help you out with an EXTREMELY well used Hotrock 16. I'd basically give it away - works fine but has seen some use....

yeah im in melbourne. all good dude.

i think i will start him back on the balance, and then quickly upgrade to the woom. his brother will then get the balance bike

Oddjob

I'm in Sydney and could give you some beer?

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in Sydney and could give you some beer?

Yep that's cool. My kids birthday is next month (July 14) so you could have it after that. You can pm me around that time or I'll try remember too

My boy is moving on to a Meta HT 20! What a awesome kiddies bike, I think he'll be stoked. Was umming and aaing about spending so much but my boy loves riding and people who know better than I do say he's got some talent so that's good enough for me

Attachments

Oddjob

Yep that's cool. My kids birthday is next month (July 14) so you could have it after that. You can pm me around that time or I'll try remember too

My boy is moving on to a Meta HT 20! What a awesome kiddies bike, I think he'll be stoked. Was umming and aaing about spending so much but my boy loves riding and people who know better than I do say he's got some talent so that's good enough for me
Thanks for the offer. I will try and remember.

Noice Commencal.

Sandakan

Likes Bikes
Balance bikes are great. After spending time and mastering his balance bike it only took my son 15 mins to start pedaling along on his first proper bike. I put it down to already being able to steer and handle the balance bike. I was amazed.
He started with a 16inch bike then went to a 20inch Apollo Neo. That was the bike he he really learned his skills on probably due to the fact that it was so light and maneuverable. The key being not to buy a bike that is too big or heavy.