What does your day look like?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Slowly recovering from chicken pox. Holy fuck it’s no joke as an adult, the ED doctor was right, it got worse before it got better. Didn’t sleep for about 36 hours due to the pain that the pain meds didn’t touch. Day 7 so far, still producing a few fresh lesions so I’m a long way from being over it.

I got myself to the family holiday house so I could isolate myself. Yeah well, no uber eats, 3 restaurants on menulog doing deliveries.

I’m over watching movies and tv shows.

ED doc walks in for the first time “wow that’s some chicken pox alright”. My face was one giant lesion.

I can see 3-4 weeks off the bike thanks to this.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
What a focker.
Hope you're on the mend soon mate.
I heard it's pretty nasty as an adult.
Any idea how ya got it?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
Slowly recovering from chicken pox. Holy fuck it’s no joke as an adult, the ED doctor was right, it got worse before it got better. Didn’t sleep for about 36 hours due to the pain that the pain meds didn’t touch. Day 7 so far, still producing a few fresh lesions so I’m a long way from being over it.

I got myself to the family holiday house so I could isolate myself. Yeah well, no uber eats, 3 restaurants on menulog doing deliveries.

ED doc walks in for the first time “wow that’s some chicken pox alright”. My face was one giant lesion.

This disease shouldn’t exist any more. It super mega sucks getting it as an adult hang in there and don’t scratch :)

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Sorry to hear that, I got it when I was about 30 also and the urge to scratch is hard to ignore but just don't scratch.

You will feel better quickly once it passes butcwas about 2-3 weeks of uncomfortable living to deal with for me.

PS: Don't come over for dinner this week, y'hear.... :)

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
As an adult it sucks big time. Indeed should not exist anymore. And I had it as a kid too.

After chatting to the doc, his best guess is I caught it at the penguin parade down at Philip island when I brushed up against hundreds of people wondering around the board walk. But you can get this off the keypad from the eftpos terminal at the shops it’s that bloody potent he tells me, so really NFI. No one in the family has it yet.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
@link1896 rest up and get well. Absolutely that is one disease that should have been eradicated but hey there are many people without any qualifications who drive the antivax bullshit.

On another note I dragged the Nikon AW1 out of semi retirement (lost the charger, found it in wife's camera bag...) and bought an adapter to allow it to use my Nikkor lenses. Not waterproof with them obviously but the 2.7x multiplier was too much to ignore. So couple with my 500mm lens I had effectively 1350mm of telephoto lens aimed at the moon last night and I wasn't disappointed.

That image full size is nearly 2,000 x 2,000!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
What's Twitcher? Sounds like something @pinkpoodle does avter a few esoresso's. I just like photography. For Nikon the 200-500 AFS is an absolute bargain.

Ok, googled it, yes, a bit.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I would love a fast 600mm prime but lots of $ for relatively little use. The AW1 sensor is just ok but as a waterproof camera to tie to the kayak it is good. Quite surprised how well it coped with this shot.

Flow-Rider

Burner

I hope you get better soon, had it when I was a kid and shit was it bad then, I can still remember how bad the burning itch was with a bad fever. I had a strange rash appear on the side of my neck a few years that looked like a chemical burn, turns out the virus stays in your spinal cord and gets released when you put your body under a lot of stress.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I hope you get better soon, had it when I was a kid and shit was it bad then, I can still remember how bad the burning itch was with a bad fever. I had a strange rash appear on the side of my neck a few years that looked like a chemical burn, turns out the virus stays in your spinal cord and gets released when you put your body under a lot of stress.
That’s shingles. You can get a vaccination to prevent it

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
As an adult it sucks big time. Indeed should not exist anymore. And I had it as a kid too.

After chatting to the doc, his best guess is I caught it at the penguin parade down at Philip island when I brushed up against hundreds of people wondering around the board walk. But you can get this off the keypad from the eftpos terminal at the shops it’s that bloody potent he tells me, so really NFI. No one in the family has it yet.
Nasty, did you get any lesions in your throat? Get well soon.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@link1896 is living the fucking dream! I'm on a bus full of tourists who's holiday has come to an end...what a sad place to be. Luckily I'm on my way to a fresh location.

It's been 14 days in the Alps so far, 12 on snow. Of those there has been 1 blue bird, 2 overcast with Tony teasing of snow, and the rest were heavy constant snow. A few of those have had the sort of snow fall that covers your tracks over in a few hours.

I had a pretty big fuck up last week in Myoko. I was riding solo and took a line I knew not to take while riding alone. My board buried itself about 1m from the edge of a road I was aiming for and I sank almost to my waist in fresh snow. While digging myself out the whole base dropped out from under me and I found myself down a hole about 3m deep! Snow all around me except for the concrete form work on the side of a bridge over the creek I was previously on top of. I was only dry because of the pile of snow I'd knocked in, which we all know is not a particularly stable platform in these situations. A few deep breaths to calm down and I started digging my way up to the surface. Fuck that took some effort! Drag snow into my hole, stomp it onto my pile, repeat. When i finally got high enough to reach the edge of the road/bridge I was rather relieved. 1 big chin up, jam feet into side of tunnel, big chin up, jam feet, yes I suck at chin ups, I eventually rolled my arse onto the road right as 2 local snowboarders came walking past. They were quite surprised to see me emerge from the hole. Don't ride remote solo kids, it's always easier when someone else digs you out the hole!

Here's a photo of Goryu from this morning. Had a pretty good day up there yesterday. There was plenty of deep snow to be had.

Attachments