Recent content by Beej1

1. Beej1

What made you decide to e-bike?

I mostly dislike climbing. Other than it being a means to get to the top of a hill, I don't enjoy it at all. Maybe a really well thought out, long steady climb is OK. But otherwise nope, don't enjoy it. Love going downhill though. Got an eMTB. A big one. 180 front, 160 rear. I've done over...
  2. Beej1

The last movie you've last watched last

That's how I describe all reality television. In fact, it's how I'd describe watching free-to-air live television in general, which contains ads for reality television shows.
  3. Beej1

I've watched it twice before cancelling my free 2 week Binge trial. You're right - immeasurably better. Surprisingly decent content for a 4hr movie. As in ... there's some stuff I'd cut if it were up to me, but not heaps. I'm no Snyder acolyte (of which there are plenty) - he really didn't hit...
  4. Beej1

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Sreten, AKA M539 Restorations, is definitely not a tosser and can't imagine he ever was. Just a likable nerd who restores BMW's. But yeah ... a lot of the others are tossers.
  5. Beej1

I would rather his S85 V10 e46. While the Lambo looks incredible, I'm just not a fan of the brand. He's a bit of a tosser, Phil. But I do like watching his project cars get worked on. His neighbour Craig from DynoTorque is far more watchable/less annoying. Plus that supercharged LS Pajero he's...
  6. Beej1

My Buller epic

Just curiously, do many folk self-shuttle to TBJ? Going up with a crew and we'll have two cars. I suggested we load the bikes and head up to TBJ (or further to Razorback Hut Campground), leave car there, ride the back half of the Epic and then take the other car up to collect the first car once...
  7. Beej1

Saw it last night. It was poorly marketed. They basically got the most exciting space scenes, some shoot-em-up moon rover scenes, and slammed it into a 30 second TV spot (which is what most people see). The trailer, while longer, still doesn't really give you the impression it's the movie it...
  8. Beej1

Speaking of Ring lap times, Google just decided I needed to know that the Tesla unofficially bested the Taycan's time by 20 secs. With traffic! I had a feeling they knew they could beat it. Will be interesting to see how the apparently 2 upcoming timed sessions go. Taycan still looks nicer.
  9. Beej1

Plenty Gorge and Parks Vic

I've seen several (or the same one several times) with freaking enormous biceps. I half expect to cross paths with it one day curling a fallen tree trunk.
  10. Beej1

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

My ISS Tracker app tells me when Iridium satellites will 'flare' based on my exact location (i.e. when one of the reflective antenna will be angled such that it reflects the sun directly to where I am). I'm guessing the answer to why they're called Iridium satellites will answer Zaf's question...
  11. Beej1

I shall face God and walk backwards into hell, before I...

... wake up from the dream where I momentarily thought either realm existed.
  12. Beej1

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

When you consider the spill 3 days prior was 48 to Turnbull, then 14 or so ministers resigned, and he still ended up with 40 saying they didn't want another spill .... it's fair to say the whole thing was a complete clusterfuck.
  13. Beej1

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

I don't know a heap about the guy other than what I read/watch, and the words of a few folk who work in the capital and know some of his former & current staff. I get the impression his career is kind following the trajectory he envisaged and worked towards (or plotted) from a fair way back...
  14. Beej1

Warramate Trails

So I've been getting emails from DELWP about this for a few weeks. First a survey about the draft 10 yr management plan, more recently about community drop in sessions. I did the survey, noticing in the plan that mountain bikers are listed as a 'threat' in the Warramate Hills area of the...