Recent content by Elpho

1. Elpho

The logic behind dinner plate's, 50t+ cassette's

I run a 10-50 with 32T front and 29er wheels, with the trails in tassie and a bad back, having that granny gear lets me ride a lot longer than I could on previous bikes with less gear range.
  2. Elpho

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Got some new wheels to replace the stock Giant ones, and replaced the boat anchor NX cassette for a GX one. Keen to take it out to Wild Mersey tomorrow and see how they feel!
  3. Elpho

What trail features do you want/need to get better at

Definitely doubles, can never seem to get the confidence to hit them.
  4. Elpho

Tried that before I went for a ride this morning, is insane how much of a difference it makes. Went for a quick ride to test it out this morning, bit of bike path, rough old fire road, and little bit of single track and it has completely changed the way the fork feels, heaps better small bump...
  5. Elpho

Just got an MRP ramp control for the trance, keen to see how it much different it feels on the trails over the weekend.
  6. Elpho

Which bike Trail or XC - Trance 29 2 or Anthem 29 1

I had that same issue on my trance 29 with the stock guides, swapped out to sintered pads and they are fine now though.
  7. Elpho

Which bike Trail or XC - Trance 29 2 or Anthem 29 1

I've had my trance 2 29er for about 6 weeks now. Pedalling efficiency of the new Maestro linkage is really good, I'm sure an anthem would be a little bit more efficient but the extra stability and confidence on the descents from the slacker head angle on the trance more than makes up for it for me.
  8. Elpho

Who rides alone ?

About 75% of my rides are alone, I just usually try keep to the more popular areas when riding by myself now ever since having a very close encounter with a tiger snake, and also use the livetrack feature on my garmin so the mrs can see where I am if anything does happen.
  9. Elpho

Fidlock Twist Bottle and Bike Mount

I had one on my old bike mounted underneath the frame, only ever came off once going through a really rough trail. Nozzle does get extremely dirty though being mounted there so ended up just using hydration pack most the time instead.
  10. Elpho

First ride with the new shorter stem last night, which was also my first gravity enduro type race and first black diamond track. The shorter stem has definitely helped a lot in the tighter switchbacks, and the under bar dropper remote is heaps more natural to use than the old one I had from...
  11. Elpho

Got a new slightly shorter stem and under bar dropper remote. Haven't actually got to test it out yet so first test will be in the local twilight gravity race tomorrow night which should be fun!
  12. Elpho

This one thing changed my life

Yeah if I do end up going back to using flats as my main pedals I would definitely be investing in something like that.
  13. Elpho

This one thing changed my life

I had always run flats until recently when I had a bad accident with the pins slicing my leg down to the bone, took the plunge and tried clips with the multi-release cleats, have got to say on the trails in my area I do feel faster and more confident on clips than I did on flats, but still have...
  14. Elpho

Wild Mersey, Tassie's next big MTB project

Yeah definitely keen for that, and for stage 2 of the dial range tracks!
  15. Elpho

Wild Mersey, Tassie's next big MTB project

Put in a few hours there yesterday, some really nice tracks, definitely worth checking out!