Recent content by Mattydv

1. Mattydv

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

You've nailed it, I'd suggest you grind noticeably coarser than what you would grind espresso. It's difficult to give directions over text, so perhaps look at some YouTube videos - James Hoffman is probably a good start. Ultimately, whatever tastes best for you is what is correct! If you don't...
  2. Mattydv

The stupid questions thread.

No doubt I've missed this somewhere in the few years I've been away, but what happened to post counts, or Member Since dates? Without these, how will I know who to ignore? :(
  3. Mattydv

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Well, yeah. That's kind of the point. Aeropress is a filter brewer, benefiting from a filter roast. All lightly roasted coffee has the ability to exhibit flaws within the raw product, and this same thing is what makes it desirable, because it will demonstrate qualities within the bean that...
  4. Mattydv

Falling out of love with a sport - when is it time to throw in the towel?

+1 to that. Not quite 3 years ago I finally cracked it with that bloody southerly sweep you'd know only too well, gave it up for bikes with engines and haven't looked back. I'd also been off mountain bikes for the better part of 2-3 years, bought myself a new mountain bike last summer and am...
  5. Mattydv

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

So Mike Baird has backflipped. So much for that matter of principle...
  6. Mattydv

That'll work, cheers.
  7. Mattydv

Where can I buy a replacement presta converter for the schrader hose end on my compressor? It's got a thread to allow a presta adapter to be screwed in, but I'll be buggered if I know where to find one.
  8. Mattydv

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Shredden, are you sure you bought the right car? If it's a 100 series it's IFS, it's the 105 that's live axle... Welcome to the club though, the 2UZ will send you broke within a year on fuel costs alone.
  9. Mattydv

Metal, Hardcore, Punk and everything inbetween

I've had Dropkick Murphys on repeat for the past few days as well. I never knew them as a band, but I managed to catch Shipping Up To Boston on Shazam. Very glad I did!
  10. Mattydv

Terrorism: Paris, Syria, Turkey, Belgium, Florida......

Ah sorry, I meant in Europe. I would absolutely agree with you re: Charleston.
  11. Mattydv

So this seems to be the first right-wing terrorist act since Andreas Breivik, I wonder what the comparative response will be in the coming days.
  12. Mattydv

Whilst not directly in the vein of terrorism, I'll be interested to see whether there are any constitutional or civil changes in Turkey resultant from this coup - especially given the conspiracist claims that it was feigned designed to consolidate governmental power. I'm not one to jump on...
  13. Mattydv

It can't be denied that Wahabism is being used as a vehicle for radicalisation, but it's hardly the cause of such. The causes for radicalisation have been well researched, documented, and even discussed earlier in this thread. The social/political/strategic climate around many areas of the...
  14. Mattydv

...and this is the issue that most people are overlooking. Many of these problems aren't 'islamic problems', they're geographical. The female genital mutilation you see in Africa, the institutionalised abuse you see in the Middle East (etc. etc.) are all problems that are often chalked up to...
  15. Mattydv

Welcome to America....

I think its worth doing a bit of self reflection there Dozer. The impression I've gotten from you over the years is that you're more than happy to use a bit of force and intimidation yourself when you think it's appropriate - I think this would be a good example of your personal beliefs being...