Recent content by metrics

1. metrics

NSW Trail Maintenance - Royal National Park

Another weekend, another wedding and therefore another missed track maintenance opportunity (not to mention the post-work ride). As for the suggestion for directional trails, my thoughts are that directional trails won't work particularly well because: The RNP has a fair share of punters...
  2. metrics

Anyone have any gut feeling as to whether tomorrow will still be on with the weather? Pouring down where I am. Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
  3. metrics

NSW Sold

PM Sent Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
  4. metrics

Thanks for your work. Hopefully I'll be able to get out there and lend a hand soon.
  5. metrics

Very good video and some nice trailwork there. It seems that you even had some actual materials to work with! :eek:
  6. metrics

I was planning on being there tomorrow but I found out today that I have to work. I'm a bit disappointed as this is going to be my last chance for a while as I expect that my very pregnant wife won't be anymore by the time the next one rolls around. So I might be missing out for a long while...
  7. metrics

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

I don't usually bother getting involved in these threads, but here it goes anyway. Nice concept in theory, that competition would improve services for all, but unfortunately we see the free market fail at competing in some cases, and in other cases it is simply impractical. Most of the time...
  8. metrics

Mt Annan rides

Last update was on the 19th of June and it says that the trail is open. The trail status is one of the only times I use facebook. Bit annoying that its on there only really.
  9. metrics

Saturday 16th April Postponed For those who missed it, from Grant Millar: Hi all, Due to commitments with hazard reduction burns this weekend and the subsequent lack of staff we will not be able to have a supervised track work day this Saturday. If anyone would still like to come in...
  10. metrics

Rocky Trail's SHIMANO MTB Grand Prix Series 2011

Spreets have a deal on for the Banzai Lifecycle event on the Sunday. A bit of a different concept to the Enduro on Saturday. Expires Midnight 21/3. $30 for entry. Spreets - Banzai Deal
  11. metrics

Kinross Forest, Orange - Tips for a visitor?

Hi all, Heading out to Orange next week for work and going to get a pedal in during some downtime. I've had a look at the Central West clubs site and I've worked out where the Kinross Forest trails are, but any hints for someone who hasn't been before? Are the trails signposted? Any select...
  12. metrics

Mt Annan rides

Went for a ride on Saturday morning, the competent trail is really solid now. And best of all, no magpies whatsoever on the intermediate trail. The staff member at the gate house made it clear that they are cracking down on those people riding the trail out of ours. He also said that money...
  13. metrics

Mt Annan rides

I've asked the gardens on the Facebook forum about the magpie and they said that all wildlife was protected in the gardens. I asked what they would do when they hold the first event in March, and they are just going its gone by then.
  14. metrics

Sounds like a productive day. If it wasn't for Christmas engagements, I would of been there. See you in the New Year.
  15. metrics

How is this bike?

Better off buying a second hand bike if $500 is your budget and you want something for more than just cruising.